Klectik kicks into 2013 gear with a release from Synox. The release is titled the Majestic EP and features a remix from Mike Gervais. Things get started with the title track "Majestic", a deep moody techno piece that sets the tone for the rest of the EP. Synox works together a nice tribally groove while building the track up steadily with mysterious vocal bits and hypnotic synths. The intensity of the EP kicks up another notch with "Macumba", featuring dark synth stabs, zooming sub bass, and well worked drum fills. On "Colera De La Selva", Synox delivers a premium peak timer, huge bass and echoing reverberated effects shutter in the distance while the track's dark groove slowly burns! The remix for the EP comes from Minneapolis producer, Mike Gervais. Mike goes to work on "Macumba", building on the darkness while reworking the main synth stabs and other elements of the track into a stripped down, jacking techno number.
1. Majestic (Original Mix)
2. Macumba (Original Mix)
3. Colera De La Selva (Original Mix)
4. Macumba (Mike Gervais remix)
Released on Klectik records (Chicago / Detroit - USA)
Mastered by Pat King (New York - USA)
Artwork by Klectik rec.
Exclusive release on Beatport: 18/03/2013
Hector Pizarro (Paris, Snubb) : "Colera de la selva & Majestic for me!! original mix for both!!"
Alland Byallo (Berlin, PokerFlat) : "Macumba (Mike Gervais Remix) Majestic is dope. Love Mikes remix too."
Richie Hawtin (Berlin, Minus) - Downloaded For Richie Hawtin
Seph (Buenos Aires, Aula Magna) : "Both Macumba mixes, original and Gervais remix are cool."
Francesco Assenza (Berlin, Sleep Is Commercial) : "Thank you for sharing. I really like the techno percussive feeling on "Colera De La Selva (Original) Will try for sure on some hot dance floor."
Macromism (Italy, SCI+TEC / Rawthentic) : "Cool EP ! Macumba original is my fav track! thx"
Anton Banks (The Vault Radio Show) : "Majestic (Original Mix) Really Liking This!"
Fred Humantronic (Berlin, Elektrotribe) : "Colera De La Selva, Cool Deep Techno & Tribal Release, Thanks"
Chris Fortier (NYC, Fade) : "Macumba (Original Mix) - Support"
Juan Zolbaran (Buenos Aires, Time Has Changed) : "Majestic (Original Mix) majestic is the one for me"
Soul Deep Recordings - Unsung Heroes - Various Artists
Unsung Heroes is a new compilation dedicated to highlighting up and coming talent in the deep, liquid, atmospheric D&B scene.
SYNOX & PSYKO KONCEPTOR - The Sky (Original Mix)
Emotional, deep, and thought provoking are 3 words that come to mind when listening to this new gem of a tune by Synox & Psyko Konceptor. Don't miss this one if you love your D&B to have a deep, atmospheric soundscape.
Released on Soul Deep Recordings (Los Angeles - USA)
Mastered by Scott Allen (Los Angeles - USA)
Artwork by Dbase (Athens - GR)
Exclusive release on Juno: 25/11/2012
Available on Beatport & all good stores soon!
- SEBA (Stockholm - SE) : Sounds beautiful!
- LM1 (Edinburgh - UK) : Wicked tune fellas!
- TIDAL (Birmingham - UK) : Absolute Gem! big up guys, hypnotic deep grooves, just perfect!
- JAY LE ROC (Birmingham - UK) : Thank you very much Oliver , im looking forward to playing on radio show this sunday on bassdrive. A smooth soundscape guys big ups to you both!
- DBASE (Athens - GR) : Jean send it to me last week and since then everytime i hear it a tear breaks down.... its one of the most unique sounds i have ever listened to... the sky was the inspiration for the artwork i did for my mix... if u have more tracks you want to promote dont hesitate to send them to me... tons of appreciation to your magnificent work... keep it rollin... !??
- QUEENSWAY (Kiev - UA) : Nice work
- YANKOWSKY (Katowice - PL) : I have played your track , big ups from Poland !
im gonna open my todays show on dnbradio. com with your the sky time: 18oo
- OKEE (Belgrade - SRB) : This track is one of top 10 this year mate, big big ups!
- KREDIT (Nuremberg - DE) : Feel free to send it through mate, pzz
- FRANK SEBASTIAN (Cologne - DE) : Wonderfull release !! killer break !!
- SANDRU (Cologne - DE) : Tres chic, monsieur! Et tres tres fett
- JI BEN GONG (Bordeaux - FR) : Great tune!
- FRED MATO (Paris - FR) : Big up gros
- SOUNDAR (Paris - FR) : Yes i love it... big up!
- SICAA (Paris - FR) : Big up bro'! Tres tres frais!
- TREEX (Paris - FR) : Superbe ce son! Tres tres sympa mon ptit! Ã§a plaierait a mister LTJ Bukem Ã§a!
Belle atmo et belle progression ds le track
- LENNY SHOGUN (Paris - FR) : Tres tres bon ! Bravo !
- STEVâ€™OH (Paris - FR) : Super entrainant et super planant, cette petite bombe atmospherique confirme encore une fois la qualite de votre collab. Pure blissss! Big ups les gars!
- THY VEILS (Timisoara - RO) : Ooohhh! v nice
This new release is a backward, first techno tracks produced by Synox few years ago,
experimental sounds, mysterious, dark & dancefloor at a time.
The first piece entitled "Biophasm" is the lead track from the new EP, an experimental & minimal touch with a bass line that will not leave your ears indifferent, the second named "Night Vision" slower this time, will make you move with a massive beat on a "western" atmosphere!
The last piece "Recording" is also oriented minimal techno with his percussive sounds, redundant bass & his samples taken of the hip hop documentary from Notorious Big!
Back to basics, remastered for the occasion!
This new release on the estonian label D-Lab records is an amazing work oscillating between minimal techno and experimental elements. These sounds are principally recorded with acoustic ethnic instruments and ordinary things that are around us. The atmosphere that emerges from this new EP is dark and intriguing, an original sound based on a powerful rhythmic techno and a production work close to the sound design.
Klectik returns after a short break to start an exciting Fall season of releases! Synox is a producer from Paris, France that first appeared on the label with a collaborative effort on the track Sandolism with Kane Roth. Synox opens Klectik012 up with the tittle track, a deep and spacey journey inspired by a summer trip to the Islands of Costa Rica, the track twists and turns with tropical rhythms and makes interesting use of field recordings from the aforementioned trip! Conception is peak time mover perfect for setting things off, a huge bassline, glitchy micro samples that twist and turn throughout the mix, dark synth stabs, dark trippy vocals, this track has everything going for it!! Taramindo rounds out the originals with deep modulating pads and grooving tribal tech rhythms:-) Dave Powers returns to Klectik with powerful remix of "Back To The Islands, Dave delivers a mix that builds on the original with a dark, deep & sexy concoction that manifests all the way til the end with swirling pads and dubby synths!
Chris Fortier (NYC, Fade) - Synox - Back To The Islands (Original Mix)
very good mood setting grooves
Juan Zolbaran (Buenos Aires, Klectik) - Synox - Tamarindo (Original Mix)
very good mix between tech house , techno and deep when i hear the tracks he send me to a big dance floor ,. tamarindo is the one for me also the rmx for dave powers . thx a lot
Dela (Milwaukee, Mindshake) - Synox - Conception (Original Mix)
A solid 4 but Conception and Tamarindo are stand-outs for me. Thanks. Will definitely be in use.
Pat King (NYC, Fade) - Synox - Back To The Islands (Dave Powers Remix)
Like em' all, But Back To The Island (Dave Powers Remix) does it for me. Very Nice Groove!