Los Angeles Workshop Instructors & Guest Speakers:
- Scientist (legendary dub pioneer)
- Daedelus (Ninja Tune, dublab.com)
- Kid Beyond (beatboxer/Live looper/one-man band)
- Justin Boreta (Glitch Mob)
- Christopher Willits (Ghostly International, Overlap.org)
- Thavius Beck (Big Dada, Mush Records)
- Steve Nalepa (1320 Records, Chapman University Conservatory of Music)
- Irwin (IrwinMusic.com)
- Peter Kirn (Create Digital Music)
- Daniel Wyatt (Sonica Media Group, Atlantic)
- Barry Cole (Spot Music, Blue Mountain Music Publishing)
- DJ Kiva (Adios Babylon)
- Jon Margulies (Heatercore, Hobotech, author of Ableton Live 7 & 8 Power!, Dubspot instructor)
Featured acts at the afterparty include:
- Kid Beyond
- Christopher Willits
Also at the afterparty:
- Meason Wiley (sharing info on open-source, gestural laser music controllers you can build)
- Aaron McLeran (with an iPhone-based performance with live, synchronized 3D audiovisuals)
- more surprise acts to be announced.
Dubspot, New York’s premier DJ and electronic music production institute, announces the Los Angeles stop of their Ableton “Live 8 U.S. Sessions Tour.” This unique series of interactive workshops, Q&As and panel discussions features a diverse pool of world-class artists as well as Dubspot's top-notch instructors sharing methods for the studio and the stage, centered around the powerful music software Ableton Live 8.
Saturday sessions focus on production. Sunday sessions focus on performance. Topics include drum-programming, instrument and effect rack management, sequencing, automation, creating melody, harmonic awareness, mixing and mastering principles, sound stage management, synth programming, PA/DJ hybrid setups, controllers, live instruments in Ableton, efficient set management, looping, routing, licensing, and much more.
- Saturday Nov. 7, 2009 -
Registration: 10:30am - 11:00am
Workshops: 11:00am - 07:00pm
- Sunday Nov. 8, 2009 -
Registration: 11:30am - noon
Workshops: noon - 08:00pm
Afterparty: 9:00pm - 2:00am
After the workshops on Sunday night, Dubspot is hosting an informal get together to celebrate Create Digital Music's (CDM) 5 year anniversary. As the music nerdster tech blog/community CDM turns five, Dubspot has rounded up some of their favorite bleeding-edge electronic performers and inventors for an evening of live musical creations. Drop by for quick hands-on sharing, followed by a lineup of live acts. Afterparty: Free to workshop participants-$5 donation to Next Aid for the general public
Dubspot is a world-class electronic music production and DJ training institute in New York City. As one of the first Ableton Certified Training Centers in the world, Dubspot has become the premier music school for both aspiring and experienced producers and DJs. The Los Angeles event is the third stop in a series of Ableton workshops that Dubspot is presenting in 8 U.S. cities.
The Live 8 U.S. Sessions Tour represents what Dubspot aspires to bring the public: unique and exciting ways for uniting the electronic music scene and educating the people within it.