The Garden Festival takes places Fri 2nd - Sun 11th July 2010
Please note there are more headliners and acts to be announced!
* The original and founding Garden Festival is back for another double whammy weekender set in the stunning 900 year old village of Petrcane from Friday 2nd- Sunday 11th July
* Radio 1’s Rob da Bank makes Garden Festival debut and plays his only Croatian gig of 2010, including a special sunset set. Rob is also making an R1 programme about the Garden and Croatia’s music scene
* Other debuts include Killer Whale (The Arthur Russell Project), 2020 Soundsystem, Qool DJ Marv, Metro Area (Darshan Jesrani), The Revenge, Harri and Domenic, Seth Troxler, Jamie Jones, Sebo K, Floating Points, Filthy Dukes, Cuban Brothers, Alex from Tokyo and many more. Check www.thegardenfestival.eu for more info.
* Yet more acts and headliners to be announced in coming weeks
* Gardener’s fave Mr Scruff confirms return for 2010 and legendary Cuban Brothers also announced as party hosts
* Full programming and set times announced on Garden site next week for both weekends and weekdays – keep checking for updates
* Bespoke travel packages to the Garden are now available through www.originalmusictravel.com
* The Garden Festival’s partner airline, Croatia Airlines, has great offers from the UK to Croatia. Check: www.croatiaairlines.hr/
* For the first time, the stunning open air Garden Zadar bar and restaurant will be joint programmed during the festival’s 10 day and night run
* Mid week fun, music and shenannigans to be announced shortly
* All World Cup games will be screened in Barbarellas too before it turns into venue for after-parties
* Name That Voyage comp launched – go to http://www.thegardenfestival.eu/ for your land-lubbering chance to christen two of this year’s Argonaughty voyages!
After the huge success of the capital city-spanning, time-zone trotting Garden Get Together Tour, April now means only one thing really – that another month has passed and we’re all a magical bit closer to this summer’s Garden Festival in Croatia. With Gardeners all over Europe and beyond readying themselves for a week – or two, if both take your fancy – of sun-drenched beatific festival vibes in a truly stunning location, these new announcements have elevated the anticipation ever further.
Set in an idyllic 900-year old fishing village, Petrcane, the Garden is getting ready once more to host one of the most sublime, enchanting and inspiring festivals on the planet. Nestled on a narrow pine-shaded peninsular jutting into azure Adriatic waters, the festival site is truly breathtaking, as is the entire area, complete with hidden coves, distant mountain ranges, long walks and an abundance of fresh sea air. Intimate cafes and restaurants line Petrcane’s promenade which follows the curved bay and the pace of life slows considerably, yet you are never too far from the action either!
And already there Spring has sprung; the heat is getting hotter, the excitement of a super summer growing tangible. Picture the outdoor Amphitheatre cast in dappled shadow from the wizened trees surrounding it. Imagine The Tiki Bar and people dancing on the decking, on the beach or frolicking in the water. Witness the late evening Argonaughty boat chugging back into dock, packed with happy revellers and as a live act – let’s say 2020 Soundsystem – rips it up on the open air main stage, someone discreetly unlocks the doors to Barbarellas Discotheque and an all night long session awaits with Horse Meat Disco… The Garden combines a magical holiday experience in the scorching sun twinned with amazing music day and night.
Read all about it!!!
Lots more happening at this year’s Garden Festival!
There’s lots of news to talk about. First off, ex-Toploader member Dan Hipgrave from Original Music Travel has teamed up with the Garden to offer bespoke travel packages: for those looked for some extra refinement to their Garden experience, Dan and the team can put together bespoke packages. Go to www.originalmusictravel.com for more info.
For the first time ever, the Garden Zadar bar will be jointly programmed to compliment the festival. Set in the ancient walls of the white city, with its narrow streets, boutique shops and glittering harbor waters, there will be DJs playing throughout the entire Garden Festival’s ten day and night run. Expect impromptu sets from special guests, late night revelry under the canopy of twinkling stars and a slightly bleary-eyed head from the many scrumptious cocktails on offer.
There’s a full schedule of daily activities and games being announced very soon too. Taking place over both weekends and mid-week, for those who decide to take it easy and hang around Petrcane there will be plenty to do from midday to midnight. Keep eyes and ears peeled for more info.
And for those with football on the brain, the Garden will be ensuring no game is missed this year, with every single match being screened either in the air-conditioned Barbarellas Discotheque or for the big games on a big screen outside!
Even more new line up announcements including Rob da Bank!
2010’s lineup is indeed taking shape to be the most inspiring yet in the Garden’s esteemed history. Radio 1’s Rob da Bank – the architect of pioneering show Sunday Best and now visionary behind the immense Bestival, Rob is a true music legend and someone fully committed to creating magical music odysseys. He’s joined by party proponents the Cuban Brothers, also making their debut: seasoned veterans of festivals all around the world, they are taking the Garden by storm and set to host various crazy Garden games, activities and insane sing-a-longs during the second weekend.
The Garden is further bolstered with the return of Mancunian genre-buff Mr Scruff and sonic scientist Qool DJ Marv. Splicing R&B, Hip-Hop, Reggae, Latin, House, Jazz, Funk, Rock and Soul classics effortlessly together heralds one of the most exciting aural pioneers ever to have played at the Garden. On the live side, Killer Whale (The Arthur Russell Project) project makes its debut too – reinterpreting Russell’s incredibly rich deep disco sounds into dance floor abandon.
So with everything from NYC deep disco from Metro Area’s Darshan jousting with the sublime sounds of Floating Points - one of the most talked about acts of 2009 for a string of revered releases and remixes - through to Leeds’ finest deck devil, Dave Beer, and the brilliant live outfit 2020 Soundsystem, quite simply the Garden has it all – and more! One of Scotland’s finest, Garden debutant The Revenge, is set to unleash his fine disco cuts, and since his Resident Advisor podcast his stock has risen even further. Two of the north of the border’s other favourite sons, Subclub’s Harri and Domenic, also make their inaugural trips to Petrcane. London’s Horse Meat Disco debut too, themselves enjoying their most fruitful year yet, and two late night specialists also make their first appearances at The Garden, Sebo K and Seth Troxler, bring a tech-noir edge to nocturnal proceedings. Of course it’s not just all about the new boys – some already legendary Garden guests also return, including Greg Wilson, Henrik Schwarz, Kelvin Brown, Terry Farley, No’ Fakin and a great deal more also star.