Line-up /Black Knight (International Hi Fi), SoRoParty (Blue Rinse), Tony Tunes (CR Resident)
Turnpike Glow (Live 11), Rasp Thorne and the Briars (Live 11.45)
Free before 11 with SMS or flyer, £7 after with flyer, 5 students, s5 if you text to EVENT ROYALE to 81222, £5 with (a printout of) your listing
UPSTAIRS: DJs playing classic guitar cuts from then 'til now, joining the musical dots between the Stones, Smiths & Strokes, etc.
Rasp Thorne and the Briars (Live @ 11.45)
- "It is difficult to pinpoint the music of Rasp. Perhaps it is best described as a mixture of Southern Gothic country punk with added elements of experimental cabaret - an intriguing and rhythmic concoction influenced by the likes of Nick Cave, Tom Waits, Screamin' Jay, Blixa Bargeld... you get the idea."
Turnpike Glow (Live @ 11)
- Turnpike Glow started life in Rome in a scene marginalised by glossy Italian mainstream pop and insider trading. But with their Pavement-Phoenix-inspired sound getting interest in the UK, they moved to London armed with just their guitars and lots of European plug adaptors. "If every indie band would sound this creative, daring and brilliant, the world would sure be a better place" said the promoters at the Buffalo Bar!
Black Knight (International Hi-Fi)
- he's been the resident DJ upstairs at Casino Royale for all of its 12 years. a veteran DJ of club nights at both Camden Barfly and The Garage, He was one of the original DJs at the notorious Club X at The Astoria; and dispensed a wildly eclectic musical cocktail on the main floor of the Cigarettes and Alcohol night at the celebrated (and sadly now defunct) Wag Club in Soho.
DOWNSTAIRS: It's a riot of 60s garage, northern soul, psychedelia from:
SoRoParty (Blue Rinse)
- Blue Rinse celebrates the good, the bad and the old; the mad, the rowdy and the senile. She has appeared at the Mumford and Son/Cherbourg-founded Communion and has also DJed for the likes of Chew Lips, Damien Rice and alongside Paloma Faith, as she reaches, delves and smashes music from through the decades.
Tony Tunes (Casino Royale Resident)
- Tony is an increasingly regular sight behind our decks. You may have seen him in his matching London Underground shirt and tie. He's got an ear for good tunes and an eye on the dancefloor, so there's always a party when he's on.
Plus, flamboyant host Victor de Milo hands out his own bank notes so that everyone can have a free go on our "Monte Carlo-style Roulette table", with the chance to win drinks!