LATE & DEEP + THE DEEP NORTH TURN ONE YEARS OLD
Hard to believe that a year has passed since the first postings at www.thedeepnorth.ca blog were written, and about a year has passed since we threw our very first LATE & DEEP event in a small loft at Bloor & Symington. A lot has happened in the past year, and we have grown to become a well known party series in the wonderful city we call home: Toronto.
We have had so many memorable...and not so memorable.... nights in the many lofts, underground basements, rooftops and patios that we had the pleasure to call "home" for 8 hours on either Friday or Saturday nights. We have seen many sweaty bodies and happy faces drip and beam through the night, making faint impressions on each other through the long dark evenings and mornings spent in smoke and steam laden hotboxes, cheers and screams barely heard amid the roaring bass-bins of killer soundsystems employed at each event, which ensured bone-rattling experiences we have come to expect each month when a new Late & Deep is announced.
The events brought top local talent, and has moved to bigger and bigger venues with awesome headliners who brought with them their own unique flavour and interpretation of what really makes a late night party go off. We brought together people from different classes, backgrounds and histories together into one big family for those few hours, and left in the morning as strangers once again. These jams have been epic, they have been fruits of our teams labour over days, nights and weeks. We have lost money, made money and hit some nasty bumps along the way - - but it was a team effort which includes many, many people, and which would have never happened without everyone who came out and attended these events.
2011 was the beginning, and we hope there will be no end.....
SO COME OUT APRIL 13th AND HELP US CELEBRATE THE ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY OF LATE & DEEP!!!!
FEATURING OUR FAVOURITE BASSHOUND FROM THE UK:
B . U . B . B . A
(Hot Creations // Runnin Wild //PETS // Extended Play // Clouded Vision // Klasse // Act Natural // Alive )
ALONDSIDE TOP TORONTO DJ & PRODUCER:
(Roots & Wings // Rekids // Area Remote)
AND OUR VERY OWN TEAM:
(DeepNorth // Hot Waves // Running Wild // Top Billin // My Fav Robot // Zoo:Technique // Neim)
THE WHITE LIONS
(DeepNorth // My Favorite Robot // Fabric)
(DeepNorth // Runnin Wild // Zoo:Technique // 530Techno)
MAX THE FAX
(DeepNorth // Thoughtless // 530Techno)
(DeepNorth // Allegro)
(DeepNorth // Money + A Bike)
(DeepNorth // MixFix // I Know You Care)
FOR LOCATION INFORMATION:
ONLY THOSE WHO RSVP "ATTENDING" AND EMAIL US WILL RECEIVE THE LOCATION.
LIMITED CAPACITY @ 200 PEOPLE
ACT QUICKLY & MAKE SURE YOU ARRIVE **BEFORE MIDNIGHT**
THIS ONE WILL BE RAMMMMMMED TO THE BRIM.
AND AS ALWAYS.... THE RULES..................
A NIGHT OF LATE NIGHT DANCE AMONG MUSIC LOVERS & FRIENDS
NO DOUCHEBAGGERY _ & _ NO GUESTLIST
THIS IS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC PEOPLE!!
1. 19+ ONLY // ID IS A MUST
2. SHOW UP WASTED @ DOOR = NO ENTRY // // SMELL NICE PLEASE, WE DONT LIKE STINKERS.
3. ABSOLUTELY NO DAMN GUESTLIST. YOU LIKE GOOD MUSIC? PAY FOR IT!! BRINGING DJs COSTS MONEY AND WE CANNOT THROW QUALITY PARTYS WITHOUT CHARGING FOR THEM. THANKS!
4. DOORS OPEN @ 10pm
5. DOORS CLOSE @ 5am (for entry)
6. YOU GO HOME @ 6am (for your own good)
7. DANCING ALL NIGHT LONG TO GOOD HOUSE / TECHNO / MINIMAL / ACID / BUBBA BASS
8. MUSIC LOVERS ONLY EVENT FOR LOVERS x BY LOVERS LEAVE THE ATTITUDE & DAD-ITUDE
9. ABSOLUTELY NO FARTING or FARTYING ALLOWED /// FARTING IN A HOT ROOM = FUCKED // BOOTED.
9. DO NOT TOUCH ANYONE WHO HAS NOT INVITED SUCH BEHAVIOUR, HEADS FORWARD & DANCE!!:
10. FOR MORE LOCATION INFO:
RSVP "ATTENDING" ON FACEBOOK AND SEND US A LOCATION REQUEST OVER EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED IN **DEEPJAMS@GMAIL.COM**
11. LET THE DJ PLAY, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR REQUESTS. THIS IS NOT A GOD DAMN KARAOKE JAM. TRUST THE DJ, THAT IS WHY WE HIRED THEM!! WE PICK GREAT ARTISTS, COME & ENJOY THE SHOW THAT THEY HAVE PROGRAMMED.
12. GET THERE EARLY.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT PEOPLE. WE LOVE YOU ALL!!
-- THE L&D TEAM --