Line-up /Wideboy Generation (live), The Electric Riot (live), Z Electric (live), Ed Wilder (Club NME), Antz in the Jam (Lockstock), El Conchitas (Popstarz / DIY Radio)
UPSTAIRS - before 11 / live bands:
The Electric Riot (live @ 10:30pm)
- This band has grown from its London roots with a tireless work ethic and dedication; their live performance was recently described as "epic!". They've earned an Apple licensing deal and been finalists in the Diesel Music Awards.
Z Electric (live @ 9:45pm)
- z.electric provide the rare spectacle of live dance music done well, bringing together digital synths with live guitars, horns, drums and vocals by the irrepressible Kamelia Tebib. They've been compared to a mash-up of Massive Attack, Pitch-Black, Shapeshifter, Beck and London Elektricity.
Wideboy Generation (live @ 9pm)
- Joe, Aid and Jamie are only 19 and are already red-blooded rock 'n' rollers playing gritty songs with attitude and loads of personality. Their first single "Looters" is the boys' take on the riots in Britain last year and now they're recording an album with John Cornfield (Stone Roses, Oasis, Cast, Muse).
then DJs playing post-2001 electro / remix / indie / post-punk:
Ed Wilder (Club NME)
- As well as being a resident at Koko's Club NME, a support DJ for the Killers at their 2011 Scala warm-up shows and the only DJ we know to have played at the top of the BT Tower, Ed has been on fire when it comes to his remixes:
Antz in the Jam (Lockstock Festival)
- Ant's the man behind the Lockstock festival, which takes over Camden Lock Market and its venues with bands & DJ's until late into the night. Playing various sets on the festival & club circuit this year, he's got a good ear for the tunes and knows how to keep people moving...
El Conchitas (Shoreditch Radio / Popstarz)
- El is resident at London's longest-standing alternative club night Popstarz, she's also played Club NME, Dalston Superstore, Bestival 2011, Summer Rites, Glastonbury, Shoreditch House, Torture Garden and at launch parties for Marc Jacobs and Calvin Klein.