Photos by Metro + Sexwee /
I Love Techno photo gallery
The first time I Love Techno was held in Vooruit, Gent in 1995, who would have imagined that this festival would become so big? There were about 700 people there; now some 30,000 come, as well as partiers from neighbouring countries who soon have found their way to the Flanders Expo. I Love Techno has helped put Belgium on the map as a Mecca for electronic dance music. Nearly a decade later, this event is undoubtedly the largest indoor dance event of Belgium. The music itself has also grown into the form of many innovative subgenres.
This year every hall has a special theme. Here’s a glimpse of the line-up:
• Orange Room (hall 2) – “Hard” feat. Dave Clarke, et al.
• Blue Room (hall 4) – “Carl Cox & friends” feat. Marco Bailey and Cristian Varela, et al.
• Yellow Room (hall 6) – “Minimal” feat: Ricardo Villalobos and Richie Hawtin, et al
• Green Room (hall 3) – “Electro”: feat. Felix Da Housecat, Miss Kittin and The Prodigy, et al.
• Red Room (hall 7) – “Techno”: feat. Steve Rachmad and Sven Väth, et al.
There will also be various DJ sets in the Switch Area and you can chill in hall 5. Once again, this is a journey through the land of dance music that should not be missed!