|A WMC diary
Tor Christensen and Holly Elsworth from Rhythm and Groove Entertainment and Tim Waugh from Home Nightclub, Sydney contributed their time and personal diary to this article.
Thursday, 21 March
* Arrived at the hotel at 11pm. Tor had only managed to score 7 hours sleep in 3 days because he was so frantic organising the last minute details for the trip. After the long flight we were pretty exhausted, so we agreed to skip the clubs tonight and save our beans for the weekend. Tor and Holly went down to find somewhere for dinner because they had missed room service. After walking the strip a few times and seeing nothing but fairly dodgy looking diners with not a soul to be seen, they settled on a little Cuban restaraunt and got some ribs and a few beers. We came back to the hotel and wrestled with internet connection for a few hours with no success and managed to get off to sleep at around 4am.
Friday, 22 March
* Woke up at 11am and headed straight for the pool. There were short bursts of sunshine, however it was predominantly overcast. The humidity in the air was thick, so even without sun it was hot.
* Went down to the National to meet Tim and had a bite to eat at the hotel bar by the pool. We noticed a few spunks criusing around the hotel, only to realise there was a Tommy Hillfiger fashion parade going on out the front on the beachfront. Guys and gals paraded down the catwalk to live R&B beats by Trick Daddy and other NY crew throwing hats and frizbees into the screaming crowd. The boys were losing it over the fantastic plastic in string bikinis.
* We went and checked out the shopping on Washington St, definitely some bargains to be found. Tim organised some passes for Crowbar through an Aussie friend he met last year while he was here, and we got talking to a Miami fashion photographer who told us about a few more parties (like we need more parties to try to fit into this hectic weekend!!).
* Diner with agent.
* Timo Mass played an excellent 4 hour set with Seb fontain in back room at Crow Bar.
* Bed 5.30am
Saturday, 23 March
* 11.30am swim perfect 30 degree dry day.
* 1.00pm agent meeting and lunch
* 3.00pm agent meeting
* Daft Punk, Cassius and Fatboy Slim at awesome free beach venue called Nikki Beach Club.
* 7.00pm agent meeting and diner.
* 1hr power nap.
* Crowbar were we were given a 1lt bottle of smirnoff black vodka and a table that usually have to pay USD250 for. Carl Cox was playing mad tunes and we meet up with some crazy chillian people.
* 5.00 am After Hours party at a fantastic private bungalow on the beach with one of the promoters of Centro-Fly and one of his resident DJ's Carl Kennedy and their crew of gorgeous women from NY.
* Bed 7.30am
Sunday, 24 March
* 11.00am quick swim
* 12.00pm agent meeting and lunch at a Irish Pub with an English football game televised.
* 2.30pm agent meeting
* 4.00pm agent meeting.
* 6.00pm Tim and Tor have cocktails by the pool while Holly snoozes.
* 8.00pm Paul Okenfold played the best mix of house you could ever ask for at the best pool party we have ever been seen (The Shore Club pool area). 100USD if you had to pay for entry, 15USD for a vodka and red bull, very classy and stylish with heaps of plastic body parts with verve beeing spurted out over the pool. 5 star.
* 10.00pm Dimitri from Paris played with DJ Yellow at a great party at the Astor Hotel with only about 200 people, very cool.
* 1.00am hooked up with NY Crew at another great little small party with free Bacardi mixed drinks.
* 2.30am went to Opium Gardens with our now 14 strong crew. Pete Tong was mixing evering thing from "Trippin" to U2's "Where The Streets Have No Names". There was quite a few actors that obviously where not invited to The Academy Awards so they where out partying instead and I have to say that this was best club by far, mostly outdoor with 4 seperate areas with a capacity of approx 2500.
* 5.30 am back to private bungalow party again.
* 8.00am bed.
* 12.00pm rise and swim
* 1.00pm agent meeting and lunch.
* 2.30pm agent meeting
* 4.00pm Pete Tong Essential boat cruise.
* 6.30pm Porn Star pool party with actual Porn Stars pretending to have sex at Shellbourne Hotel JR Sanchez and Armand Van Helden Played.
* 8.00pm diner with agent
* 11.30pm Subliminal at Crow Bar with Eric Morrillo, Darren Emerson, Fat Boy Slim and PNAU doing us prowd.
* 4.00am Danny Tenaglia at Space I managed to last 5hrs of his 14hr set
* 9.30 am bed. Thank Heavens!!!!
Tuesday, 26 March
* 12.30pm rise with a very sore head and 1hr on beach.
* 2.00pm agent meeting and lunch.
* 4.30pm 2hr much needed nap.
* 7.00pm dinner with friends.
* 10.00pm cool NY style bar hanging with NY Crew, Carl Kennedy spinning and caught up with Roger Sanchez.
* 1.00am Deep Dish at Spin.
* 3.30am back to Opium for Pete Tong Encore
* 5.30am An agent and I went to Eric Morrillo's birthday party, Holly went back to Space and Tim hooked up with Genelle one of the NY models .
* 8.30am Bed.
Wednesday, 27 March
* 1.00pm rise up and packed our bags for our flight to stay at the Hudson Hotel in NY
* 12.00am bed for a much needed 12hr sleep.
* WMC ended today.
Words / Tor, Holly & TimPublished / Tuesday, 09 April 2002
Post a comment