I know I don't post here as often as I should. Between life being busy and actually trying to run a label and produce music, time is tight. Right now though, my label could use your help.
We started MK837 three years ago and we’ve specialized in exposing new talent to the EDM market. We’ve had the honor of breaking several artists now who are beginning to gain respect in the larger scene. What we’re trying to do is launch even more. We’re not in it for the money; we’re in it for the love of music and to help others along the way.
We’re trying to take the label to the next plateau so that we can continue to find and push new EDM acts into the larger market. We’ve decided that we’re going to do focus more on the quality of our artist’s material and push it work harder to give them the press exposure that they need and to do this, we’ve turned to Indiegogo.
We’re raising capital to provide our artist’s professional mastering services at no charge to them and to hire a publicist for the label who will focus on promoting our artists and their releases. These funds will cover all of our production expenses for the next 12 months. Each release as many of you know can easily cost up to $600-800 or more.
In case some of you haven’t heard of MK837 or are wondering if we’re worth investing in, here’s a short list of our bigger accomplishments:
* We have had multiple tracks featured as “Must Hear” tracks on Beatport.com
* We can say the same for our tracks on Traxsource and Satellite EDM as well.
* We’ve had an EP take the #5 slot on iTune’s Dance charts.
* We released an EP that took the #1 and #2 slots for almost 2 weeks on Satellite EDM.
* We’ve had the honor of breaking artists like Xen Ochren, Rikki and Retchid among others.
* Our artists have been featured on multiple podcasts including Matt Darey’s Nocturnal Sunshine.
* We’ve had numerous tracks receive play on FM Radio.
* Looking beyond money, we’ve a socially active label and have participated in fundraising to end human trafficking.
So in conclusion, please take a moment to visit http://www.indiegogo.com/mk837/
and check out our full pitch and perks. We’ve got just a few days left in our campaign and could really use your support.