A-Trak has been announced as the latest act to contribute to the Fabriclive mix series.
The DMC champion has been a busy man recently, completing work on his entry into Nike's Original Run series in addition to doing this mix for Fabric. As anyone who's seen the man live will attest, the man's got a passion for mixing up a wildly diverse selection of records, and the same applies to Fabriclive.45. "I mixed in some old, classic house records with some newer funk-loop house records that reference the old house records, mixed with some kooky weird Baltimore-ish club edits, mixed with some techno stuff, some slow disco and my own productions," he explains. "If you see it on paper it looks like a whole mish-mash but the way I put together the mix, it somehow comes together and makes sense."
Indeed, the tracklisting looks like a crazy mix-tape, going from DJ Sneak to the rowdy garage of DJ Zinc, ticking off nu-disco (Aeroplane, diskJokke), grime (Skepta), Detroit techno (The Martian) and electro-house (Alex Gopher) along the way. This isn't just any old Ableton-aided mash-up mix, however. A-Trak has used all his turntablist skills to try and bring the selection to life, just as he would when playing live. "I just looked at it really as a DJ mix," he continues. "The way that I bring the songs in and the way that I try to put my stamp on it, rocking doubles on some of the records and doing scratch routines and adding layers on top of my edits of the songs, that's what defines its identity. I wanted to let the mix itself do the talking."
01. A-Trak - Say Whoa
02. DJ Sneak - You Can't Hide From Your Bud
03. Boys Noize - Oh! (A-Trak Remix)
04. Scott Grooves feat Parliament Funkadelic - Mothership Reconnection (Daft Punk Remix)
05. Voodoo Chilli - Get On Down
06. Skepta - Sweet Mother (House Version)
07. DJ Class - I'm The Ish
08. Metronomy - Heartbreaker (Diskjokke Remix)
09. His Majesty Andre - Peep Thong
10. Zombie Nation – Forza (Original)
11. Alex Gopher – Aurora
12. Dance Area - AA 24-7
13. Robbie Rivera - Move Move (DJ Observer & Daniel Heathcliff Remix)
14. Daniele Papini - Church of Nonsense
15. Laidback Luke & A-Trak - Shake It Down
16. Nacho Lovers - Acid Life (Nachos 909 Dub)
17. Rob Threezy - The Chase
18. Friendly Fires - Paris (Aeroplane Remix)
19. Fan Death - Veronica's Veil (Erol Alkan's Extended Re-Edit)
20. Simon Baker - Plastik (Todd Terje's Turkatech Remix)
21. The Martian - Tobacco Ties
22. DJ Gant-Man - Juke Dat Girl From The Back
23. DJ MP4 - The Book Is On The Table
24. Jamie Anderson & Content - Body Jackin'
25. Raffertie - Do Dat
26. DJ Zinc – 138 Trek
Fabric will release A-Trak's FabricLive.45 on April 13 in the UK and on May 5 in the US.