The Hyperdub boss will embark on an eight-date tour of the US and Canada later this month.
Hyperdub boss Steve Goodman (AKA Kode9) is set to play eight dates throughout the US and Canada this month.
Starting off at Vancouver's Biltmore venue on April 9th, Goodman will then travel down to California for two shows with futurist hip-hopper Flying Lotus, before again flying solo at dates in Chicago and Boston. His first New York appearance is a somewhat star studded date at the Brainfeeder party, where he'll be joined in the booth by Fly Lo as well as Martyn and Irish-raised but Harlem-based beatsmith Mike Slott. After another oddly placed date in New York with Flying Lotus (at the American Natural History Museum, no less), it's off to Coachella for Kode, which is his final date before venturing back to London.
Fans expecting a set of straight-up dubstep may very well be disappointed, as Goodman's recent sets back in Europe have been incorporating the emerging sounds of UK funky and the awkwardly titled "wonky" movement. Whether he'll change his style for his American tour is anyone's guess, but attendees should expect a wide variety of styles to be played during this month's set of performances.
- Apr 09 Kode 9 Dj, Biltmore Cabaret, Vancouver
- Apr 10 Kode 9 / Flying Lotus, The Echoplex, Los Angeles
- Apr 11 The Future with Flying Lotus, Kod.., Mighty, San Francisco
- Apr 14 Kode9, Sonotheque, Illinois
- Apr 15 Kode9, Good Life, Massachusetts
- Apr 16 Brainfeeder NYC Part 1, Love, New York
- Apr 17 Kode9 & Flying.., American Museum Of Natural History, New York
- Apr 18 Coachella 2009 - Day 2, Empire Polo Field, Los Angeles