Kerrier District, Gatto Fritto and Glass Candy will all appear on the second volume of the label's Milky Disco compilation.
Lo Recordings are set to release the second volume of their Milky Disco compilation series later this year.
2006 saw the release of the first Milky Disco collection and featured acts such as Daniel Wang, Padded Cell and Hans-Peter Lindstrøm, who all helped to define the sound of the modern cosmic disco scene. When asked about what connects those disparate artists, Lo boss Jon Tye (AKA Black Mustang) opines that it's the "beats, textures, melodies and vibrations whose influences range from Detroit techno to German experimentalism, '80s west coast vibes, italo disco, soul, industrial, ambient and avant-garde to create what could loosely be called 'exploratory space dance music'." The second volume (with its Let's Go Freak Out tagline) again plugs the same modern disco line, but this time there's a new wave of artists that Lo have been able to call upon.
The lo-fi sounds of Glass Candy and Nite Jewel are both included, whilst DFA studio-wizard Eric Broucek (AKA Babytalk) contributes his remix of Soft Circle. Lo mainstays Black Devil Disco Club appear twice in remixed form, and there are also exclusive tracks from Hatchback, Kerrier District and Subway.
01. Hatchback - Midnight Jogger
02. Pollyester - You Are Amen
03. Secret Circuit - Roll
04. Ghost Note - Pissed And Passed Out
05. Chilled By Nature - Otherness (Black Mustang's Frozen Moon Jam)
06. Gatto Fritto - Hungry Ghosts
07. Lukas Nystrand and The Ageema Blues - Knivar
08. Soft Circle - Don't Just Stand There (Eric Broucek Mix)
09. Black Devil Disco Club - Is Sorrow (Brain Machine's Lucifer Rising Dub)
10. Glass Candy - The Chameleon (John Agebjorn Remix)
11. CFCF - Raining Patterns
01. Black Mustang / Kerrier District - Life's A Gas (Dub)
02. Soft Rocks - Leave Your Earth Behind
03. Pink Stallone - New Fate
04. Canyons - Big City Lights
05. Nite Jewel - What Did He Say
06. Expanding Head Band - Sound of Breaking Glass
07. Black Devil Disco Club - Free For The Girls (Richard Sen's Sumerian Fix)
08. Georges Vert - Jovan Freak (Rune Lindbaek's Nomaden Mix)
09. Chilled By Nature - Otherness (Windsurf's Golden Bear Dub)
10. Subway - Crystallin
11. Milky Globe / Sorcerer - Soft Sea
Lo Recordings will release Milky Disco 2: Let's Go Freak Out on May 18th, 2009.