Jay Haze will be the next DJ to take the reins of the renowned Fabric mix series.
The outspoken DJ/producer/label owner has made as many friends as foes since his entry into the electronic music scene, but you can't argue with his intentions behind the mix: Haze will be donating all of the profits that he makes from the release to UK charity Merlin Health Services. Says Haze, "What they do is really positive, and 95% of every dollar you give goes out into the field, and this is provable. Right now, they're working in Congo, a country of 75 million people that's been in civil war for 50 years. 1200 people die every day of simple things, preventable things, and it breaks my heart."
As for the music contained within, Haze has chosen to largely highlight his own Tuning Spork, Contexterrior and Future Dub imprints with samples from his Fuckpony track "Lady Judy" laced throughout. Haze explains his decision thusly: "In the beginning I thought, should I put my own label's music on here? Is that too daft? But after some serious thinking, I really couldn't be happier with the way it came together."
02. Jay Haze - Awakening
03. Lil Dirrty Ghetto Bastard - An Hour To Fly
04. Mike Dunn Presents MR. 69 - Phreaky MF (Mike Dunn's Original Phreak Mixx)
05. Lump feat. Lerato - Confusion
06. Catrat feat. Yah Meek - Freedom (Jay Haze Main Mix)
07. Alex Celler - Trapped In Dub
08. Miss Fitz - Dementia
09. Jay Haze feat. Ricardo Villalobos - Mellow Dee
10. DIY - Pimp My Saw
11. Jay Haze feat. D:exter - I Can't Forget (Fuckpony Discotech Dub)
12. Chicago Wasted Youth - Mars Or Bust
13. The Last Poets - When The Revolution Comes / Pheek - Soundscape
14. Michael Ho - Ain't Going Out Like That
15. Dirty Bee - Work For Me
16. Johnny Fiasco - Conduction
17. Hugo - Pimpin' Ain't Easy
18. Ms. Minelli - Ancient Blessing
19. Fuckpony - Burning
20. Rockey - Something to Say
Fabric will release Jay Haze's Fabric 47 on July 13th in the UK and August 11th in the US.