Stacey Pullen is the latest DJ to contribute to 2020Vision's eponymously titled compilation series.
The Detroit DJ will follow in the footsteps of 2020 owner Ralph Lawson and edit king Greg Wilson, compiling his personal favourites from the label onto a single mixed CD. Pullen actually goes back quite far with the label, who are celebrating fifteen years on the scene this year. As Ralph Lawson explains, "Stacey was one of the first DJs to send us a fax to say he liked one of our tracks ("Raptures of the Deep"). When you are starting out, to receive praise from someone of his standing really
motivates you - it was a big moment for us. We got in touch with Stacey and asked him to remix the track which he did, and to have him on the label really cemented our reputation."
Pullen's mix looks to both the old and new from the imprint, kicking off with early material from Lawson, Carl Finlow and Paul Huggett's Wulf'n'Bear project before fast forwarding to recent cuts from label regulars Mark Broom, Art Of Tones and Moodymanc as well as Johnny D's now ubiquitous remix of 2020Soundsystem's "Sliding Away." There's even one exclusive track included in the form of Dutchman Julien Chaptal's tracky house remix of Simon Baker's "Out Of My Head."
01. Wulf & Bear - Needsy's Run
02. Inland Knights - After Me
03. Wulf n Bear - Body Music
04. Simon Baker - Out Of My Head (Julien Chaptal Remix)
05. 2020Soundsystem - Sliding Away (Johnny D Remix)
06. Mark Broom - Take Me Home (Mihalis Safras Remix)
07. Art Of Tones - Terres Conquises
08. Random Factor - Outlaw (John Tejada Remix)
09. Random Factor - Beaten (Art Of Tones Remix)
10. Crazy P - Stop, Space, Return (Roberto Rodriguez Remix)
11. Moodymanc - V8
12. 2020Soundsystem - Psycho
13. Mark Broom - Riddim
14. Volga Select - Les Annees Des Plomb (Joshua Mix)
2020Vision will release Stacey Pullen's 2020Vision on July 27th, 2009.