The bigger parties seem to be ruling the roost in LA and San Francisco this New Year's Eve. We take a look at what's happening in our brief guide.
This decade has seen California flourish as far as underground parties and events have been concerned, so it's almost surprising to see the state's New Year's Eve line-up be dominated by so many large events.
San Franciscans appear to have very little choice, with the bash at the 1200 capacity 1015 Folsom club seemingly the only way for clubbers to get their electronic music fix. Above & Beyond and Super8 & Tab will offer a night of trance in one room, while Mobilee co-founder Ralf Kollmann will be playing his usual mix of minimal and tech-house elsewhere.
Los Angeles has much more to offer, but most of the parties being hosted are on a much grander scale. The biggest of these is Together As One's epic rave at the Los Angeles Sports Arena, which again features plenty of trance (Sander Kleinenberg, Markus Schulz, Marcus Schossow), commercial house (Kaskade, David Guetta), and drum'n'bass (Dillinja, Shy FX) alongside more progressive fare (John Digweed, Dubfire). Kleinenberg also plays at Avalon's NYE do alongside Guy Gerber and Steve Lawler, while Boys Noize will headline proceedings over at the Hollywood Palladium.
Revellers seeking a slightly more intimate way to bring in the new year may want to investigate Lunar's bash with Cesare vs Disorder and others at a yet to be disclosed location, while those looking for something a bit housier should head to Sublevel for a headlining performance from Doc Martin.
- Dec 31 Lunar New Years Eve 2010, TBA - Los Angeles, Los Angeles
- Dec 31 Together As One 2.., Los Angeles Sports Arena, Los Angeles
- Dec 31 Avalon Nye Countdown 2010.., Avalon Hollywood, Los Angeles
- Dec 31 Nye 2010 with Above & Beyond.., 1015 Folsom, San Francisco
- Dec 31 Sublevel Space Explorer 8 Yr Anni.., Sublevel, Los Angeles
- Dec 31 Hard Presents Boys Noi.., Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles