Matt Edwards will don his dancefloor alias for the next installment in the popular mix series.
Matt Edwards AKA Radio Slave will be the next DJ to provide a mix for the long-running Fabric series.
Is there anyone with even a passing interest in the world of electronic music that would not be familiar with the work of South London-born DJ/producer Matt Edwards AKA Radio Slave? Under his club-facing moniker, Edwards has emitted an almost ceaseless supply of 'floor ready bangers since 2006's "My Bleep" began the assault in earnest. As his placement atop our all time most charted artists list would suggest, Edwards output has found favour with disparate DJs from across the dance music spectrum while maintaining an international DJing presence, and he even finds time to run his Rekids imprint alongside partner James Masters.
The sound of the 'Slave is of course wholeheartedly represented in Edwards' selections on Fabric 46; a thirteen track disc that draws heavily from his own discography-past and present, while dipping into numerous cuts from his own Rekids and Cabin Fever imprints. The bounty is split roughly 50/50 between unreleased exclusives and favourites from the last 12 months: New RS tracks "DDB" and "I Don’t Need A Cure For This" nestle alongside further upfront numbers from new Rekids signing Nina Kraviz and Romanian upstart Boola, while biggies from Michel Cleis, 2000 and One and Spencer Parker help steer the mix into more familiar waters.
"It’s a mix of new and old tracks, something that people outside of the dance music snoberity would enjoy!" said Edwards on the mix. "I just wanted this mix to be a true reflection of my DJ sets, so I tried to capture the vibe of what I've been playing over the last year, and expose listeners to the kind of sets that I play at Fabric. The club has the best sound system in the UK and this gives me the opportunity to really stretch out tracks and experiment with different sounds and atmospheres."
01. Baeka - Right At It (Michel Cleis Deeper Remix)
02. Radio Slave - DDB // Cabin Fever
03. Radio Slave - I Don’t Need A Cure For This
04. Dance Disorder - My Time (Radio Slave’s Rekids Tribe Remix)
05. Brothers’ Vibe - Platter Sugar
06. Spencer Parker - The Beginning (Michel Cleis Remix)
07. Nina Kraviz - Pain In The Ass
08. DJ Boola - Balada Redo // Cabin Fever
09. Radio Slave - Koma Koma (Steve Lawler Remix)
10. Spencer Parker - My Heart (Daniel Sanchez Easy Noise Remix)
11. Michel Cleis ft. Totó La Momposina - La Mezcla
12. 2000 & One - Wan Poku Moro
13. Nate William’s Club Patrol 'Maximum Overload' (Roy’s Death Wish Mix)
Fabric will release Radio Slave's Fabric 48 in September 2009.