The Prodigy, Sven Vath and John Digweed are among those headlining the event.
The first rounds of acts set to appear on the touring Future Music Festival have been announced, with The Prodigy, Sven Vath and John Digweed leading the international charge. The 2010 tour will get started with a Brisbane show in late February, before moving on for dates in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
Progressive, tech house and electro are all well taken care of by Australian regulars Booka Shade, Dubfire and Boys Noize, respectively. David Guetta and Erick Morillo round out the house contingent, while Franz Ferdinand and Does It Offend You, Yeah? are the sole representatives in the indie department. The only Australian act included in the first round announcement is Pnau offshoot Empire Of The Sun, no doubt set to supply another dose of the extravagant live show that debuted on the Parklife tour just weeks ago.
More artists are set to be announced over the coming months.
- Feb 27 Future Music Festival Bris.., Brisbane Turf Club, Brisbane
- Feb 28 Future Music Festival Perth 20.., Wellington Square, Perth
- Mar 06 Future Music Festival Sydne.., Randwick Racecourse, Sydney
- Mar 07 Future Music Festival .., Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne
- Mar 08 Future Music Festival Adelaide 20.., Rundle Park, Adelaide