Arthur Russell, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Killing Joke and Front 242 all appear on Mike Maguire's Bustin' Out compilation.
The fledgling Year Zero imprint will launch itself into the compilation market with the first in their ongoing New Wave to New Beat series.
Juno Reactor's founding member Mike Maguire has been selected to compile the unmixed collection, and he's gone for a much wider array of music than releases such as Soul Jazz's New York Noise. Not wanting to be constrained by geography, Maguire includes a few artists from the NYC post-punk scene such as Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Material (who's "Bustin' Out" track gives the compilation its name) and Bush Tetras, but also makes room for New Beat from Front 242, San Franciscan avant-punks Tuxedomoon, Larry Levan's remix of Arthur Russell's wonky disco anthem "Is It All Over My Face?" and the more electronic stylings of ex-Throbbing Gristle duo Chris & Cosey. Liner notes will also be included from British journalist and author Kris Needs, who was formerly the editor of ZigZag Magazine.
01. Tubeway Army - Replicas
02. Killing Joke - Almost Red
03. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - Fire
04. Bush Tetras - Too Many Creeps
05. Loose Joints - Is It All Over My Face (Female Version)
06. Material - Bustin' Out
07. Josek K - Sorry for Laughing
08. Chris & Cosey - Heartbeat
09. MOEV - Cracked Mirror
10. Front 242 - Body to Body
11. Tuxedomoon - Desire
12. Dead Can Dance - Frontier (1981 Demo)
13. No More - Suicide Commando
14. 23 Skidoo - The Gospel Comes to New Guinea
Year Zero will release Bustin' Out - New Wave To New Beat: The Post Punk Era 1979-1981 on February 22nd, 2010.