Renaissance will issue a double-disc mix from the We Love Space resident next month.
Paul Woolford will release his first solo commercial mix project as part of Renaissance's Platform series in April.
The two-disc set—subtitled Surgery—will be a chance for Woolford to further demonstrate his turntable skills, after appearing alongside Alfredo on 2008's We Love Space '08 compilation. Woolford has been active in the tech-house scene since the turn of the century, steadily gaining attention for his production work both under his own name and as Bobby Peru, but his real breakthrough came with the edgy jacking minimalism of "Erotic Discourse," which became a ubiquitous club hit throughout 2005.
While the We Love Space compilation saw him leisurely mix up thirteen tracks, Woolford has gone all out for his Renaissance offering, blazing through 41 tracks over the course of the two discs. "Immediately I had a list of records that I knew I wanted to include - every record has been picked from the heart," Woolford says. "It was imperative to me that I used only these tracks, with no fillers at all. My aim was not to give a 'snapshot' mix of what I'm playing on the floor at this time, but to provide what is hopefully a lasting document of my approach to music."
The first CD sees him move from the ambience of Brock Van Wey and balearic house vibes of Gatto Fritto and Château Flight through to more jaunty house and techno selections, as well as Joy Orbison's "The Shrew Would Have Cushioned The Blow." CD2 is a darker and clubbier tech-house and techno set, featuring tracks from Oni Ayhun, DVS1, Robert Hood and Derrick Carter.
CD1: Surgery One
01. Paul Woolford – Heartbeat Intro
02. Brock Van Wey - Forever a Stranger
03. Lusine – Gravity
04. Rocha – Hands of Love [Fingers of Sand] (Gatto Fritto Menorcan Nightmare Version) [Paul Woolford Re-edit]
05. Josh Wink – Counter Clock 319 (Château Flight Remix) [Section]
06. Gui Boratto – Trills (Paul Woolford Reduced Dub)
07. I:Cube – Tunnel Vision [Section]
08. Wireman – Armour (Move D Remix) [Section]
09. Missing Linkx – Who to Call c/w Brock Van Wey - Forever a Stranger [Section]
10. Adryan – The Jazzer (Russ Gabriel Remix)
11. Basic Soul Unit – Things Pass
12. Cortney Tidwell – Watusii (Daphni Remix) [Instrumental & Vocal Sections]
13. Newworldaquarium - The Force (Âme Remix) [Paul Woolford Re-edit]
14. Tensnake – In the End (I Want You to Cry)
15 Marc Antona & Xiki – Hawah
16. Armando - Don't Take It (Thomos Edit) [Paul Woolford Re-edit]
17. Matthias Tanzmann – Rugby
18. Brendon Moeller – Phazed & Confused
19. Ben Klock – Subzero (Function-Regis Remix) c/w Brock Van Wey – Forever a Stranger [Section]
20. Joy Orbison – The Shrew Would Have Cushioned the Blow
21. Paul Woolford Presents Bobby Peru – Let It Go
CD2: Surgery Two
01. Paul Woolford – Salinas Intro
02. Morgan Geist feat. Jeremy Greenspan – The Shore (Paul Woolford's Bridge End Remix)
03. Morgan Geist feat. Jeremy Greenspan – The Shore (Paul Woolford's Bridge End Dub)
04. Daniel Stefanik – Like This
05. Brock Van Wey - Forever a Stranger [Section]
06. Quarion – Karasu (Deetron Remix) [Paul Woolford Re-edit]
07. Ben Klock – Subzero (Function-Regis Remix)
08. Reel By Real – Surkit [Paul Woolford Re-edit]
09. Oni Ayhun - OAR003-B [Paul Woolford Re-edit]
10. Cortney Tidwell – Watusii (Daphni Remix) [Vocal Section]
11. Josh Wink – Counter Clock 319 (Château Flight Remix)
12. DVS1 – Running
13. Abe Duque Feat. Blake Baxter – What Happened? [Vocal Sections]
14. Robert Hood – School
15. Sendai – System Policy
16. Kevin Gorman – Alarm (Tool Re-edit)
17. Derrick L. Carter – Legacy [Vocal Section]
18. Paul Woolford – Endgame (Platform Intro Version)
19. Tom Taylor – Theory of Everything (KiNK Remix) [Paul Woolford Re-edit]
20. Suburban Knight – The Art of Stalking
Renaissance will release Paul Woolford's Platform on March 22, 2010.