The French DJ mixes up Mr G, I:Cube, Joel Alter and more on the Parisian club's first compilation.
Almost twenty years since it first opened its doors, Rex Club will join the ranks of fabric, Panorama Bar, Robert Johnson and other venues by releasing its own commercial mix series.
The inaugural CD, fittingly entitled Rexperience #1, will be mixed by Julien Veniel, AKA D'Julz. It's hard to imagine a more fitting choice; in addition to being the club's longest running resident DJ, D'Julz is the man behind Bass Culture, one of Rex Club's most popular parties, and has brought dozens of high profile house and techno DJs to the Paris nightclub over the years. On Rexperience #1, D'Julz mixes up lean and funky house tracks by artists like I:Cube, Lemos and Mr G, plus a couple of his own remixes.
01. I:Cube - Un Dimanche Sans Fin
02. Digitaline - Altra
03. Joel Alter - Preaching To The Choir
04. Nathan Drew Larsen - Gotahavejor Love (Bearweasel Lazy Dub)
05. W!Ld & Monsieur K - Not Now I'm Dancing (Anonym's I'm Discodancing Remix)
06. Mr G - Sunday Blues
07. Phuture - Inside Out (Roy’s Rad Nomad Mix)
08. Slam - Positive Education (D'Julz Dub)
09. Lemos – Kalooo
10. John Thomas - Working Night (Octave One Remix) / Damian Schwartz – holloway
11. A.J.A - Your Light (Rolando Remix)
12. Spencer Parker – Romantic (D'Julz Remix)
13. DJ Slip - Available Light (Franco Cinelli Remix)
14. Ribn – Cottbus
15. Shlomi Aber - Slow Dancer
16. Jagged - Langenthal (Brothers’ Vibe “Housed” Remix)
Rex Club will release D'Julz's Rexperience #1 on April 26th, 2010.