Greek DJ and producer Argy will release a new mix CD, D.Edge Sao Paulo this summer on his own label, These Days.
As its title suggests, the new compilation was inspired by one of Argy's favorite clubs: D-Edge in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Since moving to its current location eight years ago, D-Edge has become an outpost of underground house and techno in a country still largely focused on more mainstream sounds. Its intimate dance floor, punchy sound system and LED-enhanced interior have made it a favorite among local punters as well as touring DJs, and in the last few years the club's billing has kept pace with many of its European counterparts, hosting the likes of Matthew Dear, Michael Mayer, Ricardo Villalobos and dozens more. Argy formed a relationship with the club after playing there in 2008, and eventually conceived of the idea for a D-Edge mix.
"This is an exclusively Argy/These Days production," Argy explains. "I invited them because of the good relationship we have and my love for the club and, of course, the city which is one of my favorites in the world." Asked whether the mix was the first in a series, the 25-year-old producer replied: "It's a series, with a non-standard schedule on These Days...and I simply go for it when I am feeling the club and the music around it."
Argy Presents: D.Edge Sao Paulo is a sunny, upbeat affair, cruising through 15 cuts of tribal and vocal heavy-house, and ending with the sounds of a lush rain forest. It will be the first full-length release on These Days, the imprint Argy founded at the beginning of 2009.
01. Etienne Jaumet – For Falling Asleep (Christian Vance Slow Burning Saxless Remix)
02. Art of Tones feat. Jaw – Call the Shots (Motor City Drum Ensemble remix)
03. Reelsoul & alix Alvarez – Bom (R2) (Alix Alvarez dub)
04. Argy & Dj Said – Dope Track
05. Filsonik – Can U (Argy’s Tool mix)
06. Jerome Sydenham – Deep Fried
07. Dennis Ferrer & Jerome Sydenham – Jero (Extended version)
08. Kerri Chandler – Hallelujah (Kaoz Club Mix)
09. DJ Duke – Someday (Argy’s dub edit)
10. 51 Days – Tracktion
11. Ribn – This Feeling (Rapidsnare mix)
12. David Alvarado – Aire
13. Argy – Sometimes I’m Blind
14. Aril Brikha – Setting Sun
15. Recorded Life (Forest)
These Days Records will release Argy Presents: D.Edge Sao Paulo on June 15th, 2010.