The New York house producer will release his sophomore album on Strictly Rhythm this May.
After a four year gap, Quentin Harris is set to release his second album, Sacrifice on May 31st.
The resurrected Strictly Rhythm label has been keeping the flame alive for their particular brand of soulful New York house. Harris has provided plenty of fuel over the years, for instance with 2006's No Politics and his residency at the legendary Manhattan club Shelter. This time around, he's teamed up with a raft of different vocalists, including Ultra Nate, Inaya Day and even a spoken word artist, Koffee. As the recent teaser trailer shows, Harris will go to some lengths to prove his reputation as a provocateur, and the album itself ranges from upbeat house to a slightly harder edged electro funk, a sound fellow New York house stalwart Danny Tenaglia has dubbed "hard and soul." Sacrifice also shows Harris working mostly with male vocalists, in an attempt to redress what he considers an imbalance favoring the house diva.
01. Prologue: Sacrifice
02. Wait feat. Denise Henderson
03. Baby Gets High feat. Drew Vision
04. Paradise feat. Koffee
05. Circles feat. Jason Walker
06. The Sacrificial Lamb (Interlude) feat. David Morales
07. Sacrifice feat. Drew Wilson
08. Why Me? feat. Cordell
09. Do The Right Thing feat. Inaya Day
10. Apologize feat. Aaron Carl
12. Give It 2 U feat. Ultra Naté
13. Don't U Worry feat. Georgia Cee
14. Home feat. Jason Walker
Strictly Rhythm will release Quentin Harris' Sacrifice on May 31st, 2010.