The Crosstown Rebels boss mixes up Soul Clap, Appleblim, Deetron and more on the next edition of the esteemed compilation series.
Crosstown Rebels boss Damian Lazarus has mixed Fabric 54, slated for release on October 11th.
The LA-based artist's compilation provides a diverse cross-section of electronic music today, with house, techno, dubstep and experimental selections all present. Artists like Deetron, Swayzak, Lee Jones and The Mole provide the CD's 4/4 pulse, while Appleblim, Ramadanman Man, Four Tet and Roska provide a bit of eclectic appeal. Nonetheless, Lazarus says he intended for the mix to be a more straight-forward, club-oriented affair than what he's been putting out lately.
"My recent mixes and the Lazpod podcasts have been pretty weird and varied and I realized that I haven't made a solid 'club' sounding mix for some time," he says. "Obviously this was reserved for fabric and I am super happy with the results. Sitting alongside my long time studio engineer, Matthew 'the goat' Styles, I think I made something fresh, exciting and very relevant to the DJ that I am today.”
Naturally, Fabric 54 also includes some new and unreleased Crosstown Rebels recordings. Boston duo Soul Clap contribute their recent track "Break 4 Life," while Seth Troxler and The Art Department debut their as-yet unreleased tune "Vampire Nightclub."
01. Ryan Crosson - Metro Bunker
02. Four Tet - Love Cry
03. Appleblim & Ramadanman - Void 23
04. Kenny Larkin - Glob (Claude VonStroke Mix)
05. Swayzak - Ping Pong
06. Canson - Sleeping (Demo Version)
07. The Martinez Brothers - Broke In The BX
08. Roska - The Sheppard
09. Soul Clap - Break 4 Life
10. The Mole - Nervous Disid
11. Cajmere - Freaks And Stars
12. Art Department feat. Seth Troxler - Vampire Nightclub
13. Deetron - Sing
14. Guti & Dubshape - Every Cow Has A Bird
15. Soul Keita & Nicolas Jaar - Para(sol)
16. Damian Lazarus - Diamond In The Dark (dOP Remix)
17. Lee Jones - Yoyo
18. Agaric - Run (Ostern Jam)
19. Su Kramer - Magic Dance
20. Bill Holt - Program Ten (Part Five)
21. Bill Holt - Program Ten (Part Six)
Fabric will release Damian Lazarus's Fabric 54 on October 11th, 2010.