The Cocoon bigwig looks back on summer of 2010 with a new double-disc mix.
Cocoon Recordings is ready to release The Sound of the Eleventh Season, mixed once again by label head Sven Vath.
There are many things that set Cocoon apart from other minimal and house labels, not least their unusually high volume of annual mixes. But since its inaugural edition at the turn of the millennium, The Sound... has been the only Cocoon series mixed exclusively by Vath himself (aside from 2002 edition, which he mixed alongside Richie Hawtin). In concept, the compilation is meant to provide a snapshot of the Frankfurt label's annual residency Amnesia, their summer home in Ibiza. For their Party Animals-themed season of 2010, this means club cuts like Skudge's "Convolution" and MMM Nous's "Sommes MMM," as well as deeper tunes such as DJ Qu's "Law" and Plaid's "Dett."
CD 1: Night
01. Elle P. & Iftah Pink - Painter (Ruede Hagelstein Remix)
02. Gerd - 1 In The Morning (At The Club) (DJ Koze Remix)
03. Mano Le Tough - Oblique (Chateau Flight Remix)
04. J. Sienkiewicz - Who Told You That
05. Till Kruger - Wrong Shirt
06. Brett Johnson - Southern Dandy
07. Daniel Stefanik - 2 o’clock
08. DJ Koze - Sbooty
09. Speedy J - Trails (Edit Select Remix)
10. Soul Center - Dyr Bul Scyl
11. MMM Nous - Sommes MMM
12. Till Krüger - Wumme
13. B.D.I. - City & Industry
CD 2: Day
01. DJ Qu - Law
02. DJ Koze - Blume Der Nacht
03. Skudge - Convolution
04. Solomun - Sisi
05. Daniel Stefanik - Two
06. Johnny D. - Love Or Leave Me
07. Kabale und Liebe - Since You Looked Into My Eyes
08. Maetrik - Herb House
09. Martin Buttrich - Song Six
10. The Hundred in the Hand - Dressed In Dresden (Kyle MF Hall Remix)
11. Tom Trago - Lost In The Streets Of NY (Boris Werner Rmx)
12. Plaid - Dett
13. Basti Grub & Komaton - Sick
Cocoon will release The Sound of the Eleventh Season on November 19th, 2010.