The techno icon will be joined by Sven Vath and Loco Dice on the March tour.
Richie Hawtin will be taking his Plastikman live show to Australia in March, touring with the 2011 edition of the annual Future Music Festival.
It's been three years since Hawtin last toured Australia, and even longer since he did so under his Plastikman moniker. The last 12 months have seen a Plastikman resurgence, culminating with the August release of the well received Kompilation. As per usual, there's a small but strong techno contingent booked to spin, most of whom are no strangers to the festival. Cocoon boss Sven Vath will return to Australia for the first time in several years, as will fellow German jock Loco Dice.
Fans of big room sounds have also been catered for, with Sydney locals The Presets, Australian-born live act Pendulum and stadium regulars The Chemical Brothers all set to perform. French house producer Etienne De Crecy will once again join the festival tour, as will Swedish House Mafia member Steve Angello.
Like always, the tour will kick off in early Autumn. Brisbane will be the first stop on the tour, and will be followed by legs in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
- Mar 05 Future Music Festival 2011, Doomben Racecourse, Brisbane
- Mar 06 Future Music Festival 2011, TBA - Perth, Perth
- Mar 12 Future Music Festival 2011, Randwick Racecourse, Sydney
- Mar 13 Future Music Festival .., Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne
- Mar 14 Future Music Festival 2011, Rundle Park, Adelaide