Norway's indie and electronic establishment has a new compilation in the works.
Oslo-based label Smalltown Supersound will release a new compilation in February called Today.
In a sense, Smalltown Supersound is the quintessential Norwegian indie label. Over the past 15 years, its records have encompassed a wide array of styles, from the avant-metal of Jazkammer to the acid freak-out jams of Sunburned Hand of the Man. But with a catalog that includes the biggest albums by Annie, Lindstrom and Whitest Boy Alive, the imprint's bedrock has always been sunkissed indie pop and groovey, spaced out disco.
Every year, label founder Joakim Haugland puts together a compilation to "see where the label's at." As such, Today draws mostly from the imprint's output over the last 12 months, cherry-picking tracks from albums by Bjorn Torske, Drivan and Arp. Some recent 12-inch cuts are included as well, including a recent one from Annie and Four Tet's remix of Lindstrom & Christabelle. The compilation is unmixed, but carefully arranged for maximum fluidity.
01. Pechenga - Gitaro
02. Bjorn Torske - Gullfjellet
03. Idjut Boys - Going Down (Love Hunter version)
04. Mungolian Jetset - Moon Jocks n Prog Rocks (Todd Terje's Schlong Tong Vocal version)
05. Arp - The Past (Version by Studio)
06. Nisennenmondai - Destination Tokyo (Prins Thomas remix)
07. Razika - Nytt på nytt
08. Lindstrøm & Christabelle - Lovesick (Four Tet remix)
09. Diskjokke - 1987 (Richard Sen remix)
10. Annie - Songs Remind Me Of You (The Swiss & Donnie Sloan remix)
11. K-X-P - 18 Hours (Of Love) (Annie vox version)
12. Toy - Far From Here
13. Drivan - Hej då
Smalltown Supersound will release Today on February 7th, 2011.