David Kennedy's mix features unreleased tracks from Pangaea, Joy Orbison, Addison Groove and more.
UK bass artist David Kennedy, also known as Ramadanman and Pearson Sound, has mixed the next edition of Fabriclive.
The mix caps off a breakthrough year for Kennedy. Aside from putting out nearly ten 12-inches, 2010 saw him help bass music forward, both through his own productions and through Hessle Audio, the label he runs with Ben UFO and Pangaea. Fabriclive 56 showcases the production and DJ style that have earned him so much acclaim as of late; in addition to tracks from many of his friends and contemporaries (Appleblim, Joy Orbison, Elgato), the 30-track mix works in house and techno cuts from Levon Vincent and Marcello Napoletano, as well as a tune from Shangaan Electro, Honest Jon's recent compilation of unnervingly fast dance music from South Africa.
Naturally, Kennedy threw in a gaggle of new productions as well, including three from his own Pearson Sound alias. Other previously unreleased tracks come from Joy Orbison, J Kenzo, Pangaea, Addison Groove and something called Die Barbie Musik Kollektiv.
"It's a bit of a retrospective of some of my favourite music from 2010, and is representative of a set I would play in a club," Kennedy says. "Even though I don't play much stuff at 140BPM these days, I always like to end up at that tempo as that is the music that got me to where I am, and tracks like Sub Zero by D1 are very powerful for me because they remind me of spending time at FWD in 2006, which was so formative."
01. Pearson Sound - Hawker
02. Levon Vincent - Late Night Jam
03. Elgato - Music (Body Mix)
04. Marcello Napoletano - Everyday Madness
05. Tiyiselani Vomaseve - Vanghoma
06. Pearson Sound - Wad (fabric Edit)
07. Julio Bashmore - Battle for Middle You
08. Ramadanman - Grab Somebody
09. Ramadanman & Appleblim - Void23 (Carl Craig Re-edit)
10. Pearson Sound - Project
11. Joy Orbison - GR Etiquette (Pearson Sound Symphonic Refix)
12. J Kenzo - Ruckus (Martin Kemp Remix)
13. Fugative - Bad Girl (Lil Silva Dub)
14. A Made Up Sound - Demons
15. Jam City - Night Mode
16. Mr Mageeka - Different Lekstrix
17. Pangaea - Inna Daze
18. Pearson Sound - Stifle
19. MJ Cole feat. Wiley - From the Drop
20. Pinch - Qawwali
21. Joy Orbison vs. Ramadanman - J. Doe Them
22. Pearson Sound - Picon
23. Burial - Pirates
24. Die Barbie Musik Kollektive - Face (Junk)
25. GIRL Unit - IRL (Original / Bok Bok Remix)
26. D1 - Subzero
27. 18. S-X - Woo Riddim / Ramadanman - Glut
28. Addison Groove - Fuck the 101
29. Mala - City Cycle / Joe - Claptrap (Tease)
30. Sigha - Light Swells (In A Distant space)
Fabric will release Fabriclive 56 on March 21st, 2011.