Graeme Clark has a batch of edits due out in April on Z Records.
Scottish DJ and producer Graeme Clark, better known as The Revenge, will release a collection of edits this April through Z Records, entitled ReekinStructions.
Clark is known for his warm and funky style of nu-disco, a sound that's largely inspired by his parents' collection of old rock, funk and soul records. On ReekinStructions, he taps into the bygone era that shaped his signature sound, re-working '70s and '80s tracks by artists like Velvet Hammer, Sargeant & Malone and The Joneses. The result is, naturally, a bit more old school-sounding than Clark's usual fare, but still bears the slow-burning club sound that's become his trademark. The compilation marks his first full-length to date, as well as his debut on Z Records, the London house and disco label run by Joey Negro. It will drop a couple weeks before his upcoming album with Craig Smith as The 6th Borough Project.
01. Mid-Air - Ease Out (The Revenge edit)
02. Johnny Adams - Feel The Beat (The Revenge edit)
03. Sargeant & Malone - Love Message (The Revenge edit)
04. Velvet Hammer - Party Down (The Revenge edit)
05. The Joneses - Summer Groove (The Revenge edit)
06. Chapter Three - Smurf Trek (The Revenge edit)
07. Electric Smoke - Freak It Out (The Revenge edit)
08. Letta Mbulu - Kilimanjaro (The Revenge edit)
09. Vance & Suzanne - I Cant Get Along Without You (The Revenge edit)
10. Nel Oliver - Dream On (The Revenge edit)
Z Records will release ReekinStructions on April 25th, 2011.