The Danish artist's contribution to the mix series is characteristically dark and eclectic.
Trentemøller has curated the next edition of Late Night Tales, due out at the end of May.
Now in its 25th edition, Late Night Tales commissions eclectic mixes from artists of all stripes (The Flaming Lips, Four Tet, Lindstrøm and Jamiroquai to name just a few). Trentemøller seems especially well suited to the series: though his records are consistently dark and electronic, his DJ sets and remixes often hint at a more subtle and eclectic palette. Late Night Tales shows him indulging this lesser heard side of his sound, picking dirge-like selections by Black Angels, Low and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, not to mention The Velvet Underground's S&M anthem, "Venus in Furs." As with all installments in the series, an exclusive cover is included as well: Trentemøller's interpretation of Chris Isaak's "Blue Hotel." The whole thing wraps up with a spoken word piece from music journalist Paul Morley.
01. This Mortal Coil - Waves Become Wings
02. Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds - La Lliarona
03. The Black Angels - Science Killer
04. Chimes & Bells - The Mole (Trentemøller Remix)
05. Low - (That's How You Sing) Amazing Grace
06. Mazzy Star - Mary of Silence
07. Velvet Underground & Nico - Venus In furs
08. Vampire Hands - Safe Word
09. The Shangri-La's - Walking In The Sand
10. Jacqueline Taieb - 7 Heures Du Matin
11. M. Ward - Poor Boy, Minor Key
12. Darkness Falls - Noise On The Line
13. Papercuts - Unavailable
14. We Fell To Earth - Lights Out
15. Thee Oh See's - Ghost In The Trees
16. Trentemøller - Blue Hotel (Exclusive Chris Isaak Cover Version)
17. Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - The Proposition #1
18. Eden Ahbez - Full Moon
19. Ekko – Rehearsal
20. Paul Morley – Lost For Words - part. 1
Late Night Tales will release Trentemøller's Late Night Tales on May 30th, 2011.