Nu disco acts like Bottin, Architeq and The Love Supreme rework theme songs and original scores on the upcoming compilation.
Nang Records will release From the Stars Vol. 2 later this month.
The release follows a very similar blueprint to From the Stars Vol. 1: covers of songs from science fiction soundtracks by a host of nu disco artists. Many of the Tirk sub-label's usual suspects contribute, namely Bottin, Architeq and The Love Supreme, plus a smattering of lesser-known acts from around Europe and the UK. Track selections come from scores for classic films like Blade Runner, Solaris and Flash Gordon, as well as more obscure titles such as Hardware. A few TV shows make it in as well, including The Tomorrow People and Aquaman. In typical Nang fashion, the collection is heavy on analogue synthesizers and Balearic disco grooves. From the Stars Vol. 2 will be the second compilation this year from the prolific UK label.
01. Architeq - Blade Runner (Opening Titles)
02. Skintologists - The Tommorow People
03. Bottin and Rodion - Shooting Star
04. Sare Havlicek & Ichisan - Football Fight
05. Sportloto - Maitres du Temps (End Titles)
06. Martians - Something Kinda Funky
07. Free School - Hardware
08. Sioux City Boys Club - Blakes Seven
09. Ken Lockie - Ultraman
10. Nakova - Aquaman
11. Ajello - Rollerball (Executive Party)
12. The Love Supreme - Solaris
Nang will release From the Stars Vol.2 on May 30th, 2011.