The European jaunt also features DJ Spinn and Chrissy Murderbot.
British label Planet Mu have announced a European tour beginning this month showcasing footwork music and dance.
The tour will be predominately in the UK with dates in Brighton, Leeds and London, but there are also gigs confirmed in France, Switzerland and Germany. The style of music on display, footwork, is the bastard child of Chicago ghetto house and juke and is often accompanied by the unique dance which gives it its name. A group of dancers will be joining the DJs for this tour, providing their own interpretation of the music. Playing on all the legs is DJ Rashad, one of the originators of juke and one of the main pushers of the sound in Europe. DJ Spinn is an old friend of Rashad and is very much in the same vein, helping to spread the word about juke and footwork around the world.
Sleazetone Records boss Chrissy Murderbot completes the trio and launches his forthcoming Planet Mu album Woman's Studies at the Big Chill Bar on the 29th of April as part of the tour.
- Apr 21 Planet Mu Footwork Tour, Jam, South + East
- Apr 22 Planet Mu Footwork Tour with Mike Paradi.., Batofar, Paris
- Apr 23 Electron Festival - Day .., Electron Festival, Switzerland
- Apr 28 Planet Mu Footwork Tour, The Wardrobe, North
- Apr 29 Planet Mu Footwork Showcase.., Village Underground, London
- May 06 Planet Mu Footwork Tour, Petrol, Belgium
- May 07 Planet Mu Party, Corsica Studios, London
- May 11 Get Wavey with Chrissy Murderbot & .., Magnet Club, Berlin
- May 13 Bang Face Weekender .., Pontins Camber Sands, South + East
- May 14 Planet Mu Footwork Tour, The Deaf Institute, North