The seminal trip-hop act will spend the month of October playing in the US and Canada.
UK trip-hop icons Portishead will set out on their first North American tour in over a decade later this year.
The trio of Adrian Utley, Beth Gibbon and Geoff Barrow formed Portishead in 1991, and since then they've only released three full-length albums along with an official live recording. In fact it took ten years for the group to release their most recent album, Third from 2008, which drew overwhelming worldwide praise and a 5/5 rating here on RA.
Aside from a single appearance at California's Coachella festival in 2008 that coincided with Third's formal release, Portishead has not done a full tour of North America since 1998. On this trek they'll be performing at large-scale auditoriums and concert halls. Supplemented with three backing musicians for the live show, the group's tour starts Saturday October 1st with two nights in New Jersey at the All Tomorrow's Parties festival, followed by a two-night stand at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York. From there the group will head to Canada for appearances in Montreal and Toronto before going to Chicago for the sole appearance in the US Midwest. Portishead will then go to Mexico for a set at the Corona Festival, followed by West Coast events in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver. The tour winds down at the end of the month in Denver.
After yesterday's announcement, pre-sale tickets for the tour sold out almost immediately, so fans are advised to be on the lookout for news of a general ticket release.
- Oct 01 Portishead, Asbury Park Convention Hall, New Jersey
- Oct 02 Portishead, Asbury Park Convention Hall, New Jersey
- Oct 04 Portishead, Hammerstein Ballroom, New York
- Oct 05 Portishead, Hammerstein Ballroom, New York
- Oct 07 Portishead, Jacques-Cartier Quay, Montreal
- Oct 09 Portishead, Sound Academy, Toronto
- Oct 10 Portishead, Sound Academy, Toronto
- Oct 12 Portishead, Aragon, Illinois
- Oct 15 Portishead, TBA - Mexico City, Center
- Oct 18 Portishead, Shrine Auditorium, California (South)
- Oct 21 Portishead, Berkeley Greek Theatre, California (North)
- Oct 23 Portishead, Wamu Theatre, Washington State
- Oct 24 Portishead, Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver
- Oct 27 Portishead, 1st Bank Center, Colorado