The collection features reinterpretations by Flying Lotus, DeepChord, Gang Gang Dance, Green Gartside of Scritti Politti and more.
Hyperdub have revealed details for Without You, a compilation of artists reinterpreting songs by King Midas Sound.
Made up of Kevin Martin (AKA The Bug), spoken word performer Roger Robinson and vocalist Hitomi, King Midas Sound are known for a dark, cinematic style of bass music that Pitchfork called "zero-gravity lovers' rock." Martin curated Without You himself, and in doing so reached well beyond the confines of the UK club circuit, tapping the likes of Flying Lotus, Gang Gang Dance and Green Gartside, singer of the post-punk outfit Scritti Politti. That said, plenty of bass music artists fit the bill too, including Mala, Cooly G and D-Bridge. Detroit dub techno stalwarts DeepChord presents Echospace contribute a rework as well. The album will be available on CD and double-LP, with two extra tracks on the vinyl version.
01. Goodbye Girl (Kuedo rework)
02. Without You (D-Bridge revoice)
03. Lost (Flying Lotus Rework)
04. Earth A Kill Ya (Gang Gang Dance Rework)
05. Tears (Kiki Hitomi Revoice)
06. Spin Me Around (Cooly G Revoice)
07. Goodbye Girl (Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe Rework)
08. Say Somethin' (Joel Ford Revoice)
09. Lost (Nite Jewel Rework)
10. Sumtime (Hype Williams Rework)
11. Meltdown (Kode 9/Spaceape Rework)
12. Earth A Kill Ya (Mala Rework)
13. Goodbye Girl (DeepChord presents Echospace Rework)
14. Come and Behold (Green Gartside revoice)
15. Cool Out (Ras G & the Afrikan Space Program Rework)
Hyperdub will release Without You on November 2nd, 2011.