The two-disc release features eight original tracks, plus remixes from John Roberts, Andy Stott, Traxx, JD Twitch and more.
Brooklyn-based duo Blondes will release their self-titled debut album in February.
Blondes is Sam Haar and Zach Steinman, two artists who met as undergrads at Oberlin College and played together in a number of experimental groups since then, eventually forming Blondes while living in Berlin. After putting out their first record on Merok last year, they began a series of 12-inches on the New York label RVNG Intl., all of which show them drifting further toward house music while maintaing a streak of indie psychedelia. Blondes combines the first three of these releases—Lover / Hater, Business / Pleasure and Wine / Water—with two new songs, "Gold" and "Amber." It also includes 10 remixes by a diverse cast of electronic producers, from John Roberts and Andy Stott to Optimo member JD Twitch. The two-disc album will be available digitally and as a double-CD. You can hear Teenage Fangirl's remix of "Wine" right here.
01. Lover (A JD Twitch Optimo Mix)
02. Lover (Dungeon Acid Remix)
03. Hater (SFV Acid's Encino Oaks Remix)
04. Business (John Roberts Remix)
05. Pleasure (Andy Stott Remix)
06. Wine (Teengirl Fantasy Remix)
07. Water (Bicep Remix)
08. Gold (One Blonde Strange Idea by Traxx)
09. Gold (Laurel Halo Chains Remix)
10. Amber (Variation in Cm by Rene Hell)
RVNG Intl. will release Blondes February 7th, 2012.