The young Sydney producer will embark on his debut national tour in January.
Experimental bass music producer Eugene Hector, known to most as Dro Carey, will play seven dates in six Australian cities over January next year.
2011 has been a year of rapid growth for the 19-year-old Sydney artist, having released six records in the space of 12 months including EPs on London imprints Trilogy Tapes and Hum & Buzz. His most recent seven-track EP released on UK label Ramp Recordings, titled Journey with the Heavy, received considerable praise when it was released earlier this month. Despite being prolific in the studio, Hector has spent a relatively small amount of time performing, in part due to his recently publicised battle with depression which led to the cancellation of a number of gigs. The shows on the national tour will include a visual element devised by Hector, which has become somewhat of a trademark of the young artist through his also prodigious art, music and video blog.
Touring across the first three weeks of January 2012, Carey will be visiting five capital cities in Australia and playing one show in New Zealand.
- Jan 05 Dro Carey, Two Ships, Adelaide
- Jan 05 Dro Carey, Exeter Hotel, Adelaide
- Jan 06 Dro Carey, The Gasometer Hotel, Melbourne
- Jan 07 Dro Carey, The Bird, Perth
- Jan 13 [CANCELLED] Dro Carey, Bar Soma, Brisbane
- Jan 14 'Beyond Blue' Charity Fundra.., Goodgod Small Club, Sydney
- Jan 21 [CANCELLED] Dro Carey, Cassette Number Nine, New Zealand