The English disco veteran will play a total of eight gigs in the two countries from February 19th.
Greg Wilson's tour of Australia and New Zealand will commence this weekend in Perth.
With a wealth of experience under his belt, as he detailed in his RA Exchange in August of last year, Wilson returned to the decks twenty years after retiring in the early 1980s and has since reestablished himself as an esteemed figure in UK disco and house music. His edits released on Tirk and Redux, particularly his "Credit To The Edit" series, tie together past and present influences (from Kool & The Gang to 40 Thieves) and have made Wilson one of the most notable artists in the edits game.
Wilson's first visit to Australia in two years will be a comprehensive tour, with eight shows in total. He'll start in Perth at Sets on the Beach on February 19th, and then play four shows the following weekend: Sugar in Adelaide on the 23rd, Buffalo Club in Melbourne on the 24th with Kirk Degiorgio, the Agwa Yacht Club on Sydney Harbour on the 25th with Lee Burridge, and Bar Soma in Brisbane on the 26th. From there, Wilson will dart across to New Zealand for shows at Debajo in Queenstown on March 1st and Third & Social in Auckland the following evening, before returning to play two sets at Playground Weekender in Sydney on March 3rd and 4th.
- Feb 19 Sets On The Beach.., Scarborough Beach Amphitheatre, Perth
- Feb 23 Greg Wilson, Sugar, Adelaide
- Feb 24 Showcase 2012 Greg Wil.., Raob Gab Buffalo Club, Melbourne
- Feb 25 Agwa Yacht Club 013 - Lee Burri.., Starship Sydney, Sydney
- Feb 26 Greg Wilson (Uk) Arvo Session, Bar Soma, Brisbane
- Mar 01 Greg Wilson, Chris Reed.., Debajo, Queenstown, New Zealand
- Mar 02 Playground Weekender 2.., Del Rio Riverside Resort, Sydney
- Mar 02 Greg Wilson In New Zealand, 3rd And Social, New Zealand