UMF has rolled out plans for events in Argentina, Poland, Brazil, Korea and Ibiza.
UMF Worldwide, a new brand stemming from Miami's Ultra Music Festival, has announced plans for events across the globe in 2012.
Ultra Music Festival began as a one-day event in 1999, and is by now one of the world's biggest electronic music festivals. The annual events in Miami book many of the industry's biggest names and typically sell out months in advance, with crowds of 150,000 or more.
International offshoots of Ultra are nothing new—UMF Brasil and UMF Ibiza have been happening for years—but UMF Worldwide will bring "the UMF experience" to numerous countries for the first time. The event will make its Argentinian debut on May 5th in Buenos Aires, then move onto Poland for two days in July. UMF Korea, the festival's first edition in Asia, will take place in Seoul on August 4th. UMF Brasil will happen sometime in late 2012, and two festivals in Ibiza will book-end the summer clubbing season on May 27th and October 7th.
Aside from next month's festival in Miami, UMF Poland is the only event that has confirmed any artists as of yet. Those are Tiesto, Aviici and Carl Cox, who will be hosting a Carl Cox and Friends Arena as one of the festival's six stages.
- Mar 23 Ultra Music Festival - Day 1, Bayfront Park, Miami
- Mar 24 Ultra Music Festival - Day 2, Bayfront Park, Miami
- Mar 25 Ultra Music Festival - Day 3, Bayfront Park, Miami
- May 05 UMF 2012 Buenos Aires, TBA - Argentina, Argentina
- May 27 Space Ibiza Opening Fiesta, Space Ibiza, Ibiza
- Jul 13 UMF 2012 Poland, Hippodrome Warsaw, Poland
- Aug 04 UMF 2012 Korea, TBA - Seoul, South Korea