A number of the festival's sideshows and after parties will be held this week in the two cities.
A number of international artists performing this weekend at the Sydney and Melbourne legs of Future Music Festival will play at sideshows and after parties spread across the week.
Things kick off on Tuesday the 6th of March in Melbourne, where DFA dance-punk outfit The Rapture will share the stage of The Forum Theatre with Canadian house quartet Azari & III from 9:00 PM, a lineup which will be repeated in Sydney at The Metro Theatre on Thursday night, March 8th.
Next up is New Order, who will be performing in Sydney at the Horden Pavilion on Wednesday the 7th of March after having played Melbourne on Thursday of last week. The recently reformed flagship group for iconic UK label Factory Records will be headlining the festival itself during what will be their first visit to Australia since 2002.
Superstar DJ Fatboy Slim will play consecutive nights in both cities with his full audio-visual show in tow. Melbourne will get their chance first at the Palace Theatre this Wednesday the 7th of March, and the Sydney show will take place the following evening at the Enmore Theatre. Australian veteran DJ Ajax has been selected as the support act for both gigs.
Since the show's announcement, Hamburg techno producer Oliver Huntemann has been added to the bill for Sven Vath's sideshow at The Metro Theatre, which also features Dubfire and Jamie Jones playing on March 9th, the eve of Sydney's Future Music Festival leg. Skip forward 24 hours and there are three official after parties happening in the city. A DFA Records night, with LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy and Pat Mahoney, along with label mates The Juan Maclean and Benoit & Sergio, will be happening at The Metro Theatre. Chinese Laundry will host German house artist Ian Pooley as well as drum & bass duo Chase & Status and BBC Radio 1 jock Zane Lowe, while local promoters Picnic will be partying at Goodgod Small Club with UK indie outfit Friendly Fires on the decks.
Tickets to the Friendly Fires show are available here on RA.
- Mar 06 The Rapture and Azari & Ii.., The Forum Theatre, Melbourne
- Mar 07 New Order presented By Future .., Hordern Pavilion, Sydney
- Mar 07 Fatboy Slim presented By Futu.., Palace Theatre, Melbourne
- Mar 08 Fatboy Slim presented By Future .., Enmore Theatre, Sydney
- Mar 08 The Rapture and Azari & Iii p.., The Metro Theatre, Sydney
- Mar 09 Sven Vath, Oliver Huntemann, .., The Metro Theatre, Sydney
- Mar 10 Picnic presents Friendly Fir.., Goodgod Small Club, Sydney
- Mar 10 DFA Records Night - James & P.., The Metro Theatre, Sydney
- Mar 10 Official Future Music Festival .., Chinese Laundry, Sydney