The brain behind Ostgut Ton keeps it deep on the label's next mix CD.
Ostgut Ton label head Nick Höppner has mixed Panorama Bar 04, due for release in July.
Höppner is one of Berghain's most important behind-the-scenes players. He's managed Ostgut Ton, the club's label arm, since it opened seven years ago, and though he says he's always taken a hands-off approach, he's undoubtedly had a big impact on the celebrated label's signature sound. He's also a bit of a dark horse as a DJ—he may not have the quasi-celebrity status of some of his peers, but he's one of Panorama Bar's most dynamic residents, with a deep house style that often veers into disco, techno, 2-step, pop or whatever else strikes his fancy (he also has a habit of playing Underworld on New Year's).
As with past editions in the Berghain and Panorama Bar series, the upcoming mix offers a condensed version of his sound within the club. There is the usual handful of exclusive tracks, though this time they reach beyond the Ostgut Ton family entirely: the contributors are The Mole, Matthew Styles, Dexter and Seattle's Jon McMillion. All four will be released together on one EP.
01. Jon McMillion – T-Station (previously unreleased)
02. Furry Phreaks – Lament For A Dead Computer Part 1
03. Fabrizio Mammarella – Way Out
04. Matthew Styles – Liquid Sky (previously unreleased)
05. Chateau Flight – Welcome (Full Lenght Meex)
06. DJ Gregory – Attend 1
07. The Mole – Hippy Speedball (previously unreleased)
08. Quince – Alfa
09. Manoo – Abyss
10. Like This Productions – Fixation
11. Carsten Jost – Divide Et Impera (K.Lakizz Remix)
12. Whirlpool Productions – One, Two
13. Swan – Can You Rock To This?
14. Gary Martin – Pimping People In High Places (Woodward Ave Mix)
15. Dez Williams – Emotional Blackmail
16. Dexter – X7D (previously unreleased)
17. Americhord – Midnight
18. Scott Grooves – Detroit 808
19. DJ Emanuel – Untitled
20. Andrés – New For U
Ostgut Ton will release Panorama Bar 04 on July 4th, 2012.