Fittingly entitled Music For Pleasure, the mix features feel-good rock from the likes of Robert Palmer, The Doobie Brothers, Todd Rundgren and Hall & Oates.
Groove Armada member Tom Findlay has mixed the next edition of LateNightTales, due for release in June.
The mix is subtitled Music For Pleasure, which for Findlay apparently means rock ballads from the '70s and '80s. "It's very much a 'concept' record, blue eyed soul, yacht rock," he says. "Vibe was very much tunes that I used to blast on the tour bus. I love that music in a very wrong way, it's music to hug to!” Findlay made slight edits to many of the tracks to better suit the mix's continuous flow. As with every edition of LateNightTales, the mix features an exclusive cover from the curator—in this case, Findlay teams up with producer Tim Hutton as Sugardaddy to reinterpret Ace's '74 single "How Long".
LateNightTales Presents Music For Pleasure comes with track-by-track notes from esteemed dance music chronicler Bill Brewster. It will also be available in unmixed form on 180 gram vinyl.
01. Ambrosia - You're the Only Woman
02. Robert Palmer - Every Kind of People
03. Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
04. Toto - Georgy Porgy
05. Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do for Love
06. Player - Baby Come Back
07. Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
08. Ned Doheny - Get It Up for Love
09. Average White Band - Work to Do
10. Lowdown - Boz Scaggs
11. Sugardaddy ft. Tim Hutton - How Long (Exclusive Ace cover version)
12. ELO - Showdown
13. Gerry Rafferty - Get It Right Next Time
14. Doobie Brothers - It Keeps You Runnin'
15. Hall & Oates - I'm Just a Kid (Don't Make Me Feel Like a Man)
16. Bread - Guitar Man
17. Todd Rundgren - Be Nice to Me
18. 10cc - I'm Not in Love
Late Night Tales will release LateNightTales Presents Music For Pleasure on June 18th, 2012.