The upcoming release features tracks from the DO series and previously unreleased material from The KVB, Silent Servant and more.
Downwards, the UK techno label run by Karl O'Conner (AKA Regis), will release a compilation in July called So Click Heels.
The collection draws a number of tracks from the DO series, a run of mostly rare 7-inches and 10-inches (plus one CD) with an experimental or vaguely post-punk inspired sound, as opposed to Downwards' usual diet of grey-scale techno. Artists from this section of the roster include fuzzy guitar outfits like The KVB and Tropic of Cancer (remixed here by Richard H Kirk of Cabaret Voltaire), avant-garde acts like Antonym and some of O'Conner's own projects, such as Six Six Seconds and Sandra Electronics. A good chunk of previously unreleased material is included as well, from new names like Deathday and Green Screen Door to longtime Downwards associate Juan Mendez, AKA Silent Servant.
01. Deathday – Dropped Into Obscurity
02. The KVB – Dayzed
03. Pink Playground – Ten
04. Tropic Of Cancer – Be Brave (Richard H Kirk Remix)
05. V West – Catching Me Cold
06. Sandra Electronics – Untitled
07. The Vivids – Mt. Radiant
08. Silent Servant- Traumatic Age
09. Colin Gorman Wieland – Bound To Burden
10. Green Screen Door – Brooding Giant
11. Antonym – Return To Normal
12. Six Six Seconds – Tearing Down Heaven
Downwards will release So Click Heels in July 2012.