Donato Dozzy and Neel will bring their new live project to the US in July.
Voices from the Lake will embark on a short American tour over the course of July.
Voices from the Lake is the collaborative project by Italian artists Donato Dozzy and Neel, both specialists in a hypnotic and understated brand of techno. The duo's self-titled debut album came out earlier this year on Prologue, earning a rare 5/5 rating here on RA, with Will Lynch calling it "a carefully paced sequence of scenes, almost like some kind of wordless, abstract musical."
The two have been performing a live set based on the album around Europe for a while now, and they'll bring it to the states starting July 6th with a date at The Bunker in New York City, where they'll also play individually, along with Omar-S and Bunker residents. The next night they'll play at The Warehouse in Washington, DC, before heading off to California on the 12th for a solo Dozzy appearance at Droid Behavior's Thursday night Prime event. After that they'll head north to Seattle for a Dozzy and Voices show at Re-bar, followed by one more date at Monarch in San Francisco on July 21st. The San Francisco show will be a joint presentation between The Bunker and SF's GAFFTA society, who will be providing special live visuals.
- Jul 06 The Bunker with Voices From T.., Public Assembly, New York
- Jul 07 88 and The Electric Cabare.., The Warehouse, Washington DC
- Jul 12 Droid Behavior - Prime - Don.., Medusa Lounge, Los Angeles
- Jul 13 Donato Dozzy, Voices From the .., Re-Bar, Washington State
- Jul 21 Gaffta + the Bunker Summer A/V S.., Monarch, San Francisco