The Vancouver party will hold its next anniversary event at W2 on August 10th.
Floating Points will headline Love Dancing's three-year anniversary party in Vancouver on August 10th.
Love Dancing has been bringing house and techno parties to Vancouver for three years now—past guests include the likes of Ben UFO and Maximillion Dunbar—while also providing a platform for up-and-coming local artists. Love Dancing is also the name of its resident DJ duo, made up of Warm It Up Chris and JLM.
The party's third anniversary will be headlined by Sam Shepherd, who, as Floating Points makes jazzy, funk-infused house and bass music, and whose last EP Shadows received a rare 5/5 review here on RA last year. The upcoming date will be Shepherd's first in Vancouver. He also has slots booked in the following week for Montreal, San Francisco and New York City, with appearances for Piknic Electronik and MoMA PS1's Warm Up series among them.
- Aug 10 Love Dancing 3 year Anniversar.., W2 Media Cafe, Vancouver
- Aug 11 Piknic Electronik: Floating Poi.., Lachine Canal, Montreal
- Aug 17 Scene Unseen, 1015 Folsom, San Francisco
- Aug 18 Mister Saturday Night with Justi.., House Of Yes, New York
- Aug 18 Warm Up 2012, MoMA PS1, New York