The Playhouse boss will play six dates in the US and Canada in September.
Roman Flügel will embark on a short tour of North America starting September 21st.
The Frankfurt artist is a bit of renaissance man; he's one of the main forces behind the esteemed German labels Playhouse and Klang Electronik, a seasoned DJ (as evidenced by his Live at Robert Johnson mix and recent RA podcast) and a lauded producer under several aliases, especially for his recent run under his own name. The most recent style associated with Flügel is delicate, melodic house with audiophile attention to detail—a sound embodied by last year's acclaimed Fatty Folders LP.
It's been a while since Flügel played on this side of the Atlantic, but in September he'll make a trip for six dates in the US and Canada. The mini-tour begins on September 21st in Miami, where he'll play the Electric Pickle with a still-TBA lineup. The following evening he'll guest at Mister Saturday Night in New York alongside residents Eamon Harkin and Justin Carter at the House of Yes, then he'll make his only Canadian stop in Montreal for 13percent on the 23rd. The final stretch of the tour will happen over three consecutive dates, starting on the 26th in Boston for Re:Set Wednesdays at Phoenix Landing, moving onto San Francisco for the Thursday night Base party at Vessel, and finishing up at the Cerebral Vortex showcase as part of Decibel Festival in Seattle.
- Sep 21 Roman Flügel, Electric Pickle, Florida
- Sep 22 Mister Saturday Night with Eamon H.., 12-turn-13, New York
- Sep 23 13percent & Le Bleury .., Le Bleury-Bar à Vinyle, Montreal
- Sep 26 Re:Set Wednesdays with R.., Phoenix Landing, Massachusetts
- Sep 27 Base: Roman Flügel, Vessel, California (North)
- Sep 29 Decibel: Cerebral Vortex, Neumos, Washington State