The Suol artist will play shows in four cities this month.
Fritz Kalkbrenner will return to Australia to play a total of five shows later this month.
Prior to his debut album, Kalkbrenner was predominantly known as a vocalist for a whole range of artists, including Sascha Funke and, most notably, his superstar brother Paul Kalkbrenner (he's the voice on "Sky and Sand"). It was really only in 2010, when he unveiled Here Today Gone Tomorrow, that he became recognised as a house artist in his own right. His releases on deep-flavoured Berlin label Suol have rapidly made him one of the imprint's most prominent signings, with this year's Suol Mates mix also showcasing his abilities as a DJ.
Kalkbrenner's September tour comes less than 12 months after his last Australian trip, though this visit will be far more comprehensive. He plays at Canberra's Trinity Bar on September 14th, before heading to Perth to play a Habitat party at Geisha on the 15th. Strawberry Fields will hold their 2012 launch party at Brown Alley in Melbourne on the 21st, where Kalkbrenner is billed alongside Argentinian DJ Hernan Cattaneo, before both acts head up to Sydney on the 22nd to play an afternoon party at The Ivy. Chinese Laundry will host an encore event that evening from 7:30 PM.
- Sep 14 PANG! Pres. Fritz Kalkbrenner, Trinity Bar, Canberra
- Sep 15 Habitat presents Fritz Kalkbrenner, Geisha, Perth
- Sep 21 Strawberry Fields 2012 Launch Pa.., Brown Alley, Melbourne
- Sep 22 Chinese Laundry Pool Party ft Fritz Kal.., The Ivy, Sydney
- Sep 22 Hernan Cattaneo & Fritz Kalkbre.., Chinese Laundry, Sydney