The former frontman of LCD Soundsystem will DJ five parties in Asia this month.
James Murphy will begin a short tour of Asia this week, with five dates scheduled in China and Japan.
The DFA co-founder is probably still best known as the main creative force behind LCD Soundsystem, the widely loved indie and disco band that played their final concert last year. Murphy has always been a dab hand behind the decks as well, as his FabricLive mix with Pat Mahoney (LCD Soundsystems drummer) made clear. Now that he's gone freelance, he's picking up more DJ gigs than ever before.
Starting tonight he'll bring his eclectic bag of disco, house, indie, post-punk and whatever else to clubs around China and Japan. The tour begins at Volar in Hong Kong, then heads north to Shanghai for a party at O'Malleys, where he's joined by Pet Conspiracy and Kalabrese and Razor (one of the DJs we booked alongside Levon Vincent at our first Horizons party this summer). Murphy will play his final date in China on Saturday at UCCA in Beijing, then head over to Japan for parties in Osaka and Tokyo.
- Sep 06 James Murphy, Volar, Hong Kong
- Sep 07 Ding Dong Disco Mega Rave, O'Malley's, Shanghai
- Sep 08 Creators Project present James Murphy, UCCA, Beijing
- Sep 17 Diesel:U:Music Feat.James Murphy, Onzieme, Kansai
- Sep 22 DFA NIGHT featuring JAMES MURPH.., Precious Hall, Hokkaido