The Chicago house staple is playing six dates across the country to mark Cajual's 20th anniversary.
Cajmere is currently on tour in the US.
Born in Chicago as Curtis Alan Jones, Cajmere is one of the most influential house artists of the past 20 years (both under that name and his other main moniker, Green Velvet). Since 1992, he's released a number of classic tracks on his Cajual Records imprint, including "Percolator" and "Brighter Days." To mark the label's 20th birthday, Jones recently released a double-disc compilation, which will be supported by a handful of shows around the US.
The first stop was this Saturday in San Francisco, where the 20 Years of Cajual party landed at a secret downtown location. Avalon Hollywood is the next stop; Jones will play as Green Velvet at that one. The compilation will have its official release party in Chicago at Green Dolphin Street at the 18th, and on the 24th Jones headlines Miami's Electric Pickle with resident Will Renuart. On Christmas Day, Jones will play as Green Velvet again at Chicago's The Mid.
- Nov 10 20 Years of Cajual, TBA - San Francisco, San Francisco
- Nov 16 Green Velvet and Pleasure.., Avalon Hollywood, Los Angeles
- Nov 18 20 Years of Cajual Release Party, Dolphin, Illinois
- Nov 24 The Electric Pickle presents: Ca.., Electric Pickle, Miami
- Dec 25 Boogie Down Xmas: Green Velvet, The Mid, Illinois