The Tri Angle artist will hit the road at the end of this month.
Vessel will embark on a short tour of the US starting on September 26th.
Bristol's Seb Gainsborough (a member of the city's Young Echo collective, whom we recently profiled) has been riding high since the release of last year's Order Of Noise LP, which also marked his addition to the Tri Angle roster. That record perfected his dark and noisy take on electronic music, described in our review as "an entire world rendered in black and dull chrome." He's laid relatively low since then, with his contributions to Young Echo's Nexus album making up his sole output for 2013.
Vessel's debut US jaunt will begin on the West Coast at Seattle's Decibel Festival, where he'll play a Tri Angle showcase alongside Evian Christ and The Haxan Cloak, and the next evening he'll join Lapalux and Kode9 in San Francisco. A trip down to Texas will take him through Austin and Houston to finish off the month.
After a few days break, he'll head south to Mexico to play MUTEK.MX on October 4th, come back up to Pittsburgh to play VIA Festival and then his itinerary will finish off on the 11th at Brooklyn's 285 Kent. For that show, Gainsborough will be co-headlining with fellow experimentalists Pete Swanson and Container.
- Sep 26 Decibel Festival 2013: Tri .., Chop Suey, Washington State
- Sep 27 Lapalux / Evian Christ / Kod.., 1015 Folsom, San Francisco
- Sep 28 Vessel and VVV, Mohawk, Austin
- Sep 29 Vessel / Nihal Ramchandan.., Mango's Cafe Houston, Houston
- Sep 30 MUTEK.MX 2013, TBA - Open Air, Center
- Oct 01 VIA Festival 2013, Rex, Pennsylvania
- Oct 11 Vessel, Pete Swanson, Container, 285 Kent, New York