David Moufang's entry in the esteemed mix series is inspired by his sets at Freerotation.
Move D's fabric 74 mix will see release on February 24th.
David Moufang says the mix's inspiration came from his sets Freerotation—near-spiritual events that brought him to tears a couple of years back. His tracklist avoids big-name artists, with the focus on overlooked gems like Roy Davis Jr.'s "Under Tha Sun" (which opens the mix) alongside material from modern day favourites like Juju & Jordash and Smallpeople. There's also an unreleased track from Moufang himself called "Luvbyrds."
"The first time I heard about fabric was through an old friend, Peter (Baby) Ford—it must have been the early 2000s—way before I ever got booked to play there," Moufang says. "He told me about fabric being the only good club left in London, supporting the underground scene, which by its nature made the event something very special to me, and it still is. Playing Room One or Room Three in fabric is quite an experience for every DJ—the same most likely counts for Room Two too, I just never happened to play there myself."
The launch party will take place at fabric on February 22nd, with Move D set to spin alongside Craig Richards, Juju & Jordash and more. Tickets to the event are available here on RA.
01. Roy Davis Jr. - Under Tha Sun
02. Liz Torres - Your Love is All I Need (Dub Mix)
03. Liberty City - Some Lovin’
04. M.ono - Holding Back California
05. Jamie Trench & Angus Jefford - Bringin’ Tha Heat
06. Earl Jeffers - The Goose
07. Darkman - Annihilating Rhythm (The Destruction Mix)
08. MD III - Shake That Body (K-Alexi Dubs You The Right Way Mix)
09. Dom 877 - Do It Right
10. Juju & Jordash - Loosey Goosey
11. Christo - New Jazzno
12. Last Magpie - Roots
13. Move D / D-Man - Luvbyrds
14. Willow - Feel Me
15. Smallpeople & Rau - Unke
Fabric Records will release fabric 74 on February 24th, 2014.