With a new EP on the way, Donato Dozzy and Neel will play live in eight cities across the country.
Voices From The Lake, AKA Italian artists Donato Dozzy and Neel, will cross the pond later this month for eight live gigs in the US.
The minds behind our #1 album of 2012 have a new EP, Velo Di Maya, their first full release since that LP, due out on The Bunker New York on March 10th—right in the midst of this stateside tour. The duo's first stop is in Philadelphia on Friday the 28th, where they'll perform at a party hosted by promoters inciting and rizumu, and also featuring a live set from local Morphine Records duo Metasplice. Communikey's ten-year anniversary event in Boulder is up next the following evening, and the next weekend has two California bookings on the schedule: a Mount Analog show in LA where Dozzy will also DJ, and a show at San Francisco club Monarch thrown jointly by As You Like It and The Bunker (the bill at this one also includes Christina Chatfield playing live, and a DJ set from Carlos Souffront).
On Friday, March 14th, Voices From The Lake are billed for a five-hour set for The Bunker at Output in Brooklyn. That's the release party for Velo Di Maya as well as for Clay Wilson's upcoming record on the label (he'll also be debuting his own live set). Portable will play live to headline the night's Panther Room program.
Dozzy and Neel will then touch down in Pittsburgh for a Humanaut Afterhours show at Hot Mass, which opens at 2 AM on Sunday the 16th. Cleveland follows on the 21st, with an event presented by Bent Crayon and Spectrum Spools, which released one of our favorite LPs from last year, Donato Dozzy Plays Bee Mask. Also on that night's bill are BMG, Erika and Outer Space. Finally, the tour will end on Saturday the 22nd in Seattle, where The Sight Below is also confirmed.
Looking ahead to late May, fans in Detroit for Movement weekend can see Voices From The Lake in action at the festival itself on Sunday the 25th, and at an afterparty with The Bunker and Interdimensional Transmissions on Monday the 26th. They're also due to play Mutek in Montreal on the 30th—though further details for these gigs are still TBA.
Tickets to AYLI and The Bunker's show in San Francisco, and the record release party in Brooklyn, are available on RA.
- Feb 28 Dynamic Maximum Tensio.., TBA - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Mar 01 CMKY 10 Year Anniversary: Voice.., Apex Movement, Colorado
- Mar 07 Voices From The Lake with D.., Complex, California (South)
- Mar 08 As You Like It and the Bunk.., Monarch, California (North)
- Mar 14 The Bunker New York 002 & 003 Record R.., Output, New York
- Mar 15 Humanaut Afterhours Series with .., Hot Mass, Pennsylvania
- Mar 21 Voices From the Lake - BMG - .., 78th Street Studios, Ohio
- Mar 22 Voices From The Lake.., The Big Building, Washington State
- May 24 Movement 2014 - Day 1, Hart Plaza, Michigan